LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Favourite Lure by species
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass on lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:16pm
Yes I introduced Morrie to the Cotton Cordell big Os, but will be introducing him to members lures the next time we go for a bass as I have found many on site members that make top notch bass lures.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:18pm
not much a bass wont take if the lure is placed in the right location and they are playing the game.
They are generally feeding or not.
Ive made them before and still do out of offcuts.... simply to fish, rough carve out, no sanding, no paint, no clear, just glued in  the bib and hardware 
and they've caught  fish just as well as the pretty ones......often better.

I tied a hook, and a few bits of paper tree bark to a twig once and twitched it on the surface, I got 3 bass before it fell apart.
 Though some lures do  seem to pull the odd one out better than others on the quiet days.

Ive found several lures off this site,  (MOST of these are from backyard guys through swaps)......That id prefer to have in my tacklebox, rather than plastic imported lures (though these have there place also)
And Im sure there are many more makers lures on here  Ive not yet tried that are just as good or better.
IF used correctly.

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic