LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Kingfisher (QLD)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some timber Fallons........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some timber Fallons........
    Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:56pm
G'day,

This is my bunch of timber Kingfisher Poppers. 
I do still have a fair stack of urethane ones as well, but I just go more silly over the timber ones!
I am always on the prowl for more, but they are certainly getting harder to find.

Cheers,

Aaron.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:34am
Fantastic lures and beautiful in their own right.Thanks for showing
THE CODFATHER
Aaron Concord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 2:03am
Thanks Jason.

I'm a bit of a surface lure nutter so these have significant value to me.
Especially the longtail and GT size models, though I still reckon that the Supa Bloopa is THE best size 
Great Barrier Reef lagoon popper ever made.
Everything eats them! And I reckon I made Alan Dolan rich with the amount of extras I had purchased from him up to the point of when he stopped making the urethane models.
One minute, you have red bass and coral trout going nuts for them then 30kg of GT comes from nowhere to crash the party......
Many of these belonged to the late Darryl Steele, though I have picked up a couple from others who don't care as much about painted timber objects as I do! 

Aaron.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 7:36am
aaron
you would have had a "wetty" if you had seen all the surface lures that trev saunders , alan dolan & i handled when we helped nikki to clear out darryl's tackle - we had to identify ,sort & bag draw full's - deb (handbrake) got the last of them at the tackle expo
there was so much stuff that we hired the local community hall at sandstone point to hold the "garage sale"
cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 10:09am

Some nice ones Aaron, I got a few of Darryl Steel's through Trevor as well. Plus a bunch from another source.

We are going to have to talk. I have a few doubles.

Cheers,

Matt
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 10:37am
I have some laying around I don't collect would be willing to sell or trade .
Will post a picture when I dig them out if your interested .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 6:18pm
Bazza,

I had a "wetty" as it was at the Expo when I ransacked the crate that had these beauties in it!
But I must confess, I would have given my left nut to have seen that garage sale......... 
There would have been a lot of collectibles at that sale I gather. 

Matt, did you deplete all of what was left at the Expo that Trevor and Niki had? Or was there some left?

Aussbasstony....... yes! I would love to see what you have. I am always interested, especially if they are different models to what I have, though doubles are terrific too. 
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 6:47pm
Do a search on timber Kingfishers for my old one.Thumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 6:58pm
Will do,Martin!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 7:47am
aaron
i dont believe there any of darryl's lures still up for grabs but i was talking to trev yesterday & he has some rods  & i have some reels ( abu 9000c , seacsape 621 & two timber alvey's  ) leftover from the sale 
cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 11:00pm
Bazza, thanks for the heads-up.
I was trying to find Trev's number in among all of the bunch I accrued from the Expo.
I may still give him a hoi anyway........ I am also a mad fly fisherman and there may still be some fly stuff there that is of interest. 

Cheers,
Aaron.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:22am
aaron
trev's nos. are 3398 8733 or 0418 708 858
i dont think there is much left in the way of fly gear - a mate from bribie just bought the last of it - but check with trev
cheers 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 10:26am
Thanks mate, I appreciate the help.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 2:31am
Hi Guys
I realize this is a late post but I just came across it when looking up Kingfisher Lures
I have 2 that I do not really wish part with but wanted more info on thus I found this post.
I have noticed that other Steely`s have a different shaped tail than mine, can any one give me some info on this and possibly model numbers ? any info grateful.
Thanks Kimo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Concord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:12am
Kimo,
I think it might just be variability in the design.
from even the evolution of the Fat Rs from a cupped
face to a slant, I just think it shows how much Gordon
played with his designs....

If there WAS a legitimate reason for the difference, it's
probably performance based, though I would love to
hear any other reasonable explanation.

Cheers,

Aaron.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 6:42am
Thanks Aaron
Cheers Kimo
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:32am
I had the good fortune to catch up with Carl Grist last week, and got some insight into the 85/86 period where they worked together in the Cooktown Lure shop. From what Carl told me, he painted a lot of the Kingfisher lures in this era and the paintjobs were noticeably better than before this era, and again after it. Also the eyes of the lures that Carl painted were dotted not sprayed.

I would definitely say your two were Kingfishers were painted by Carl, the blue/green with gold scale pattern is another deadest C Lure colour. So you have some pretty special Fallon/Grists there Kimo.

Cheers,

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic