Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > Blinky
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flip Paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip Paint
    Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:38am
Received some colour changing "flip" paint yesterday and quickly knocked up three lures to give it a test run. The vids are before I applied the first coat of Etex, they don't do it justice......in the flesh this paint is awesome!

Bronze/red flip paint

Green/purple flip paint

Holographic paint
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 11:31am
thanks for sharing Shane, love the gren/purple and the holographic the fish are going to love these
that's no how ye make porridge!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 4:39pm
Thumbs UpLooking good Blinky - many fish colour change when threatened.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 5:54pm
Interesting blinky keep them coming.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:39am
Really nice! Does the clear enhance it further?
Matt
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by matt fraser matt fraser wrote:

Really nice! Does the clear enhance it further?
Matt

Yep, as it's not a catalyzed paint it needs a couple of coats of clear to really bring it out. The Holographic paint didn't like the clear acrylic I put on to seal it, it seemed to dull the effect, I'll do another with no acrylic and compare.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 12:43pm
try a 2pac clear over the acrylic clear Shane it might fix it
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

try a 2pac clear over the acrylic clear Shane it might fix it

The 2 pack clear didn't bring it up, I knew I'd made a blue as soon as I applied the acrylic and saw it depressed the holographic effect, the other two were fine.....I'll keep experimenting.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:07pm
Hi Blinky I take it that the paint is a automotive 2 pac base coat . if you prime your lures with a 2 pack automotive primer /filler then colour & 2 pac clear coat over them  you will get the best out of that paint . that will work
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by brian1960 brian1960 wrote:

Hi Blinky I take it that the paint is a automotive 2 pac base coat . if you prime your lures with a 2 pack automotive primer /filler then colour & 2 pac clear coat over them  you will get the best out of that paint . that will work

No mate, it's one part RTU, a gloss black backer is applied first then the paint. It was wonderful until I put the clear acrylic on, mind you, it's not so bad now......
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 7:08pm
Yes when I say a 2 pac base coat I don't mean you add a hardner to it all 2 pac base coats are just like acylic but are made to have a 2 pac clear sprayed on to them . what reducer did they give you is it water based or solvent .With 2 pac base coats you cannot use acrylic thinner as they have there own reducer . I would suggest you talk to who you got it off and find out what it is if you want the finishes to last .When 2 pac first came onto the market a lot of people were spraying there cars with acylic and finishing of with a 2 pac clear because they did not have to buff the finish to get a shine on it but after a while the clear would start peeling of the acylic . I hope I have not confused you but hopefully you might understand it a bit more .
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 7:13pm
I missed the rtu ready to use  so I would find out if it is a 2 pac or acylic I would say 2 pac
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:05am
Same lures, viewed from different angles......

Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 10:54am
wow!,nice!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:30am
ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:32am
Thanks guys!
The photo's really don't do this paint justice.......
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 8:39pm
they look like they come up looking good it would be great to see what they look like when they are being used  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic