LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Vic Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H F Fischer's Devon spinner North Coburg factory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H F Fischer's Devon spinner North Coburg factory
    Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:45am
Still trying to track down early lure manufactures.

Found this one in Angler's Digest Shooters Monthly June 1953.

Mentions produced at his North Coburg Factory

Anybody happen to have one.

Interesting side trebles, (note long stem)thought it would have effected the action.

Regards John

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 3:29pm
Hi John
When I was much younger my Grandmother used to always say to me if you do something wrong it will keep coming back to you.
This is one of those cases
About 8 months ago I bought an old tackle box and some effects in a cardboard box which appeared to be mostly full of old tangled line Among this tangled line I found 4 old Nils Master Lure some in a poor state and 3 of these weird metal tubes with eyes and fixed fan blades on the side No hooks or fittings
Two of these where metal and I think 1 may have been plastic 1 had a chip in the side of the fan 1 had loops on the side similar to the the one you have pictured and 1 had a small split in the tube about 5mm long.
I thought that they had been some type of Chinese or Asian Fisherman trap designed to trap fishermen into buying them as a fishing lure
I kept 1 and the other 2 after leaving them on my bench for a long time finally threw them in the bin about 7 weeks ago
Since then I have seen a few go on EBay and have seen even more mentioned and pictured in articles I have been browsing
Now you are looking for some
My ignorance in throwing them in the bin just keeps coming back at me. I still have 1 but it dose not have the loops for the side hooks.
Cheers Kim
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 11:13pm
Thanks Kim
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 1:19am
John I think it looks a bit like a slothed Devon. If so the side trebles is attached to a splitring so big there is place fore the Trebles to sit along the side. This Split ring is going into a slot made in the Devon. Usually the rear Hooks is mounted in a wire, where there is a bead like the one on the Pict. This bead prevent the hook to go into the sloth This way to mount is very common fore old Devons here in eourope.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 4:38am
Thanks Per

In the ad it refers to lure moving effortlessly in the water

I would have thought it would have moved irregularly due to the side  hard ware.

Regards John

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic