LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryobi Bandsaw Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryobi Bandsaw Tires
    Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:55pm
Went to get my Bandsaw out and get back into luremaking and  the tires have perished !!!!!! Anybody had this problem and where can I get them from , how much ?
I like pretty painted sticks
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:35pm
Try Hare and Forbes thats where I just got mine from, just have to tell them diameter of wheel, you also may ned to trim the width on them,
Cheers Dave.
Dave
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:59pm
Hi Jeff
I am no expert on this stuff and I have no idea what size your tyres are BUT I am presuming that they are a small size. Over the years I have had to replace wheel barrow tires cement mixer tries and numerous others. On some occasions I have had difficulty in finding the right size and then I found that Bunnings keep a stock of smaller tires and tubes, for all sorts of things including trolley trucks. This was great but I then found that Super Cheep Auto Parts also kept the same products except you could buy the complete wheel tyre and tube for less than Bunnings tyre and half of the price of a tyre outlet. So if you have a Super Cheep or Bunnings near by give them a try.
Cheers Kimo    
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 10:25pm
Kim, the bandsaw tyres are flat rubber or latex rings that fit on the drive and idler wheels of the bandsaw that sit under the blade to absorb shock. It's a common occurence with them to perish and break. Gives you a real shock when they let go and usually break the blade... Shocked
Fysshe
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 10:39pm
That being the case Maybe Bunnings and Super Cheep is not such a good idea lol
But I did say I knew nothing about it
Knew I should have gone to bed an hour ago
Thanks Ian
Cheers Kimo
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:12am
Search ebay for Blue Max bandsaw tyres. They are made in america so you wil be paying a premium considering the exchange rate for the Pacific Pesos. They will however make you whatever you want if unavailable at the the sources already mentioned. 

Cheers
Cliff
amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:01am
Replaced mine last year, purchased from Bunnings "Special Order"
Regards.
Alan
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 6:48am
good info guys, i blew one out a few years ago, bought a new band saw, metabo, didnt like it at first, but changed the blade, and now its all good.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 7:52am
Jeff

The tyres on my little Ryobi bandsaw perished a few years ago and I ended up buying them off Ebay USA. This same topic came up a few years ago, so check back through the topics and you may find some answers.

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 6:19pm
i got great use out of mine before upgrading, any parts that failed were ordered through bunnings.
but for 30 bucks a blade and high prices for parts considering the initial low purchase price...id recommend waiting, saving and buying bigger and better.
i worked out just in blades alone i spent over 300 dollars in less than 3 years.
then came the tire, then the guides...etc etc
ditch the bloody thing and get something better... i want more coffin lures so hurry up!
LOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 3:11pm
Learn something everyday .... now I know what bandsaw tyres are LOL Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Sav63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sav63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 8:01am
Jeff, You can could try Tool Spare Parts Online, link below, just search for your model, has some prices, as per previous comments parts aren't cheap. I haven't used them yet, let me know how you go, cheers Mark

http://www.toolspareparts.com.au/
Sav63[/
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:28am
This is the place where I ended up buying my Ryobi bandsaw tyres.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/bandsawtirewarehouse/

Travers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic