LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Barambah Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yak Paddler Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yak Paddler Lures
    Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 10:32am
A couple of months back, I wanted to do a Kayak trip on the Mole, but I didn't have a kayak. So I put it out there on Facebook to lend one. Sel came forward with a generous offer of his kayak, and also teed an extra one up for a mate that was coming with me. He lent us all the extras too and was very helpful!

The trip was a great success the kayaks were great! A week or so after the trip I woke up with the idea of making a kayak lure for Sel as a thank you.

I found the model on the internet, and printed out a few pics to work off. Then shaped, sanded and painted it. It was one of those lures where everything fell into place, the bib worked perfectly straight up too. It was made of silky oak, so I made a silky oak stand for it, and added a badge on the stand.

Here is the finished result, that has since been handed over to its deserving owner.

Matt
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 11:05am

I have since made a start on a batch of Yak Paddler lures, in a few bigger sizes. Mainly in Cedar, but one nice one in Camphor Laurel.

One of them I added a lego man with a paddle, and the action is sensational on the water.

The Camphor model came up pretty well, particularly with a Camphor stand. Both really nice pieces of timber!

The rest of the batch are at various stages of completion, I hope to finish them over the next few weeks.
Cheers,
Matt

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 11:25am
you have found a trademark lure here Matt well done mate
that's no how ye make porridge!
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 11:36am
Very nice i think that a great big bite out of the side would look spectacular
Cheers Graeme
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 12:11pm
Very special
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

you have found a trademark lure here Matt well done mate

He sure has, I thought Matt's cray may have been it, but this is something newClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:23pm
You gotta fish the one with the lego man, and video it. What a sight, getting the yakka smashedLOL
a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:29pm
Fish him down a waterfall like Solo man?
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:30pm
Very nice Matt, must be a Hobie with those paddles.
I want one>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:44pm
The timber nude version looks awesome... you have definitely cracked a winner here...thinking outside the square and looking forward to see a fish latched onto one. 
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 8:28am
Awesome work matt. Love the nude yak
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic