LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Displaying your Lure collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Acrylic" lure display stands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Acrylic" lure display stands
    Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 7:32am
Just a heads up.
I've just had a couple melt on me.
I had a couple of "trophy lures" (like the buzzbait with rubber tail I caught my biggest snakehead on, swimbaits with rubber tails) in my man-cave on the acrylic stands.
Been like this for ages with no problems.
Came down this morning to do a bit of work on the PC, noticed a drip mark and thought something must be leaking. It was actually a couple of the stands melting. Seems to be limited to the softer plastic stuff, none of the genuine hards.
There was probably some extra catalyst. Or it would have happened months ago. Although off the top of my head I'm not sure. The boss might have sprayed bug spray or something.
Anyway, the stands melted not the lures. Which if anything I'd have expected the opposite? All these soft plastics are ones that I have kept in plastic boxes for long periods, not the known melty brands. But the lures look like they might be hard to clean up.

Might be common knowledge? Just throwing it out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic