Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Kad Sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Kad Sets
    Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 10:42pm
I've finally managed to get all of this year's 2", 3" & Mini Kads carved and glued. Just finished sanding 10 sets and they got their first undercoat today.  Once they are undercoated, which will take about a week, I work on the rest of the Kads.

A few members have told me what colour they want their Kads painted, but most haven't.  The heat and humidity are finally starting to drop off, so I hope to get the Kads painted in the next 3-4 weeks.  Just need to know what colour to paint each set! Big smile

Some progress photos:

Most Kads carved, sanded and bibs/wires fitted.

All Kads glued and ready for fine sanding, prior to undercoat.

First undercoat

Cheers

Travers

Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 11:49pm
Sweet 👍
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 8:54am
Looking good Travers and I can't wait to see them finished.

Cheers,
Mad Dog Dave
Life is fishing!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 5:14pm
Looking good travers....retirement has done you well...your ahead of schedule for a change!
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

I've finally managed to get all of this year's 2", 3" & Mini Kads carved and glued. Just finished sanding 10 sets and they got their first undercoat today.  Once they are undercoated, which will take about a week, I work on the rest of the Kads.

A few members have told me what colour they want their Kads painted, but most haven't.  The heat and humidity are finally starting to drop off, so I hope to get the Kads painted in the next 3-4 weeks.  Just need to know what colour to paint each set! Big smile

Some progress photos:

Most Kads carved, sanded and bibs/wires fitted.

All Kads glued and ready for fine sanding, prior to undercoat.

First undercoat

Cheers

Travers

what is the cost , looking for 8 inch
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 3:34am
Please post them up Travers when they are finished as i enjoy looking at your lures alotThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by muckawa muckawa wrote:

what is the cost , looking for 8 inch

The 3 lure sets (Mini Kad. 2" & 3" Kaditcha) are $135, but I only make 20 Sets each year.  All 20 of next years Sets have already been ordered.

Not sure about an 8" Kad.  The 6" Kaditcha is about 8" long, with the bib.  Except for the Expo packs. I only sell the Kads as signed lures and they are way too many $$ to fish with!

Cheers

Travers
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:24pm
Feeling like a winner tonight. Just received these sweet little beauties from Travers. My set of 2016 Kaditchas. Poor Travers almost blew a valve when I asked him for cow patterns this year, honestly I never even considered how much effort goes into matching the patterns but in true pro form Travers executed the pattern with flawless perfection. And there is a special feature in the pattern that makes them ever so special.

I just can't stop playing with my precioussssss

Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:26pm
Nice bit of cow that!
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:29pm
I was going to add udders, to provide a berley slick, but then realised that it may stain Paul's lure cabinet.

Beer

Travers
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:03am
Here is my set they are awsome I also like the cow set next year im thinking mate Travers LOL

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 7:34am
moo moo - luv the little map of aussie !!! well done travers  - really neat  WinkWink
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 7:54am
Originally posted by bullrout22 bullrout22 wrote:

I also like the cow set next year im thinking mate

They may well be the only cow pattern Powell Lures in existence! Far too time consuming making those pattern masks and far too stressful painting them.  The airbrush mask didn't sit tight on the lure surface, around the sides of the Kads.

I'm far too old to learn new tricks without the help of an expert painter, like Padgey, Fletch or Ollie.  Feel free to visit Port Macquarie anytime, boys, to give me some painting lessons! Embarrassed

All of the Kads that I've posted out should have arrived by tomorrow, so hopefully there will be a few more photos.  If not, I'll put some photos here in the next few days.

Beer

Travers
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 9:49am
Travers

Only joking mateConfusedLOLLOLWink

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 12:30pm
Maybe I should try your pattern from this year? I'm quite partial to browns as well. Thumbs Up
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:22pm
I think mine will be lost in the floods 😟
Send me a pic 😃
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

I think mine will be lost in the floods 😟
Send me a pic 😃

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

Maybe I should try your pattern from this year? I'm quite partial to browns as well. Thumbs Up

Ropes
no worries mate more the better of the same colours mate

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 8:19pm
Cheers travers , that purple hue looks nice in the light 👍
Hope the truck can get through the flood waters
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 6:26pm
17 of the 20 Kaditcha Sets have been sent to their new owners Big smile.  Had a little mishap with one set, so it's been cut back and reundercoated, ready for painting.  My 2 nude sets still need gluing and clear coating.

This is how the 17 sets look.

As mentioned earlier, all of the 2017 Sets have been ordered, so the best I can do is put names on a list, in case someone pulls out.  I won't be taking orders for 2018 until next year.

Only one full set of Kads this year.  I'll let the owner post those pics, otherwise I'll do that in a few dys.

Now, somehow, I need to paint a few hundred lures for the Expo! Confused

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:52pm
One full set of Kads this year.

Beer

Travers
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:32pm
WOW what can i say : but WOW ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 11:30pm
One very nice set there Travers. New owner will be very happy
Cheers Brad
whipit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic