LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

little bibs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: little bibs
    Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:52am
Gday, im looking for about 10 little bibs, suitable for very small, finesse type barra lures, perhaps 4 to 5cm long.
if anyone has a few suitable, ill gladly buy or trade something in return, dont care if they are metal or poly, thanks
dave
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 7:14am
pm me your address Dave Ive got some little bibs here that might do the trick
that's no how ye make porridge!
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:02am
I have plenty around those sizes, I'll put up some photies after work this arv. You can check if they're what you're after.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:30am
Hey Dave.

Do you ever try making your own bibs? I know it can be a bit time consuming which is probably the down side to this, however the positive is that I've found you can refine the bib a mm here and there to get your lure swmming exactly the way you want/the fish will want. Once you're happy with it then you replicate. Some polycarb and the cheap shears from supercheap is all I have needed to snip the exact bib shape I'm after.

I've got a heap of 1mm, 1.5mm and 2mm polycarbonate here if you don't have any. Happy to send some up should you decide to have a go, rather than you having to buy a large rolled sheet of it.

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 2:51pm
Dave, I've got some 1mm ali here, you can cut (or I'll do it for you) and shape. Beauty of using ali as against poly, you can bend and tune to suit.
Have plenty of templates here, to pick shape you want. If you don't come and get the 'nude' red cedar Scorpion copy I made you, I'll take to the Expo as a trader.
It's going to cost you one of those made by A&B you have, as I don't own any A&B's in my collection.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 5:15pm
Got these mate

Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:08pm
Thanks blinky, but these lures are 4 to 5 cm long!
thanks for the offers guys, yes I made a little bib today, but I want to try and get 10 or 12 exactly the same, I have a special order from a well known territory fishing identity.
cheers dave
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:09pm
Will post a pic of the proto shortly
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:14pm

probably be ok for trout too when they are done, lost the tiny bib I made earlier, just my eyes arnt what they were in low light.
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:30pm
Oh........I thought that was the size of the bibs you were after........
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:57pm
5c coins? (Probably not entirely legal...)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic