LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure leads Cairns & Port Douglas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lure leads Cairns & Port Douglas
    Posted: 18 May 2016 at 3:33pm
Hey guys,

Heading up to Port Douglas over the weekend. No fishing this time. Going to the Carnivale festival for the wife's 30th. Was hoping I might pick up some nice local timber lures while I'm there though. Any suggestions from the members?

I wont have much time in Cairns. Pretty much going from the airport straight to Port Douglas, so I cant really make any major detours. We'll be in Port until Monday and may go to either Mossman or Kuranda on Sunday.

Appreciate the help guys.

Cheers,

Ces.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:46pm
Captain Cranky and/or Redfish 11 will have all the good oil mate, don't be too shy to send them a private message.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:01pm
You may find something at Port or Mossman however not sure on Kuranda.Best place is to stop at Bransfords Tackle briefly which is on the way up to port.They always have a good selection of Local makers Lures.They are 20mins north from airport on right side of road.There is a Petrol station there.
The Journey is the Reward

Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:18pm
Thanks guys.

I'll look up Bransford's captain. thanks for the tip.

Keep 'em coming guys.

Cheers.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 4:51pm
Barry is spot-on, Bransfords on the highway, beware though I was there last August they didn't open until 9am. I had breakfast at the Clifton Plaza next door, when I went back asked why so late, woman behind the counter said the boss was cutting their hours. So, if your time is tight remember this.
Worth the effort though, they have some beaut timbers by Ron Gallo and others, very reasonably priced.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic