LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > BK Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lures acquired Junction Cooktown/ Weipa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lures acquired Junction Cooktown/ Weipa
    Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 6:06pm

picked up two lures at service/store at the above junction cooktown/weipa is as follows:

1 11 cm long with a stiff stainless steel rod located through the centre of the lure has a sleeve clamped at each end one large pink bead between trebles and the wooden lure. The lure is only 5cm long painted half white and  half red down the length  of the lure body. It has a cup at the front of the lure the whole body is shaped like a smaller version of a popper the difference is just below the top or head of the lure two small wings are slotted in the side which allow it to rotate on the  surface of the water. Wings are also centred and appear to be off set say 40/45 degrees. A dusk and dawn lure I was told  by an employee at the store.

2 Second lure is 12cm long  has two identical type lures {small popper like bodies} seperated by another pink bead but they are only 3cm long both with wings painted half black and white down lenght of lure wire and fittings same as first lure.
Will place photos on forum if anybody interested but will need to wait for an expert to handle that operation.

regards John
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 6:14pm
Both lures are Bruce Kilpatrick Tolga.
BK Lures
The Journey is the Reward

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:08pm
THanks Barry
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:31pm
He's good John!
Description and location identifies the lure.
Amazing..
Wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:56pm
Would be interested in seeing them in the flesh so to speak, sound like they are modeled on Globe type spinners from Pfleuger and others.

Darbs
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 5:55am

See how you go John in posting up a pic otherwise on Sunday I will post up some of the lures you are talking about.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:54am
I am having enough trouble doing what of done so far photographs are a long way off. Sorry.
I have arranged for some further training. 

regards John
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 10:33am
John
Just click the botton witrh picture of tree on it
Browse your hard drive
Upload and click OK
all done, some ribbonies here for future Spanno  bait

wayne

Tight Lines
Wayne Real
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 7:56pm
Wayne I do not have any trees i have abc blue moon yellow face {a line  border}B I U A arrow facing tothe right
I must be in the wrong area.

Thanks John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:30pm
John, use the POST REPLY square with blue arrow at bottom left of previous message window, the post reply interface at the bottom of the page is for quick replies and doesn't have the picture attachment function.

Darbs
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:35pm
Some great advice there Wayne and Darby - thanks guys Thumbs Up

John, there is a tutorial with some pictures to help explain how to upload images at the following link, hopefully it might help make sense of it all Smile

How to upload images

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:26pm
Here are a
couple of BK Spinner Pop's mixed in with some other BK lures. 

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:35pm
ON YA BARRY Clap was somewhat similar to what I had imagined, same concept anywho....
is that type of lure good on northern species???? considering the globe type spinners were designed for Pike and Muskellenge.

darbs
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 4:24pm
Darbs  Thanks.  I also came across tony's How to upload  images today. and now know where to find the trees . will do a bit of study now.
regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:29pm
Thanks darbs my lures did not have the B k Lures card backing they were just held up by one of the hooks. They  certainly are a  nice selection..
regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic