LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Barambah Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barambah Crays 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barambah Crays 2016
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 11:30am
I have had quite a few enquiries on the 2016 Crays already, so I would like to give Lure Lovers members first shot at getting one, particularly those that bought a 2015 Cray.

There will be 30 Crays again for 2016. Price will be $150 including post. 

The design is different this year with a larger body - around 95 mm, 140 mm including claws, and 180 mm overall. With a 1.2mm ally bib (unpainted). They will again be mounted on a leather backing card with a pewter Barambah Lures badge.

They will have antennae, but no legs. 

They will not be ready for the Expo. I will have a handful on display only. 

There will be 15 Nudes and 15 Painted in the natural finish as per 2015 Crays. 
See the pic below for Nude timbers
4 Huon pine
3 Camphor
4 Striped cedar ? not sure exactly what it is,
2 Unknowns
2 Western Red cedar

15 Painted

As you can see only a few are fully carved, with only a couple of sets of claws made as yet. 

Those that bought 2015 Crays, have first shot at ordering, I have you name and numbers here. Please pm me to confirm if you want one, and the same number, and what style/timber. 

Anyone one else who wants to get on the list please pm me. First in first served.

Thanks,

Matt

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:07pm
2016 Barambah Crays are now all taken. Thanks for the messsages. I expect to be finishing these in late September/October. I will contact the new owners when they are ready. 

Sorry for the delay on these, the Barambah Dragons have taken over at the moment. But hoping to have a big batch of them done by the end of August. 

Cheers,

Matt
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 9:47am
Hi Guys, 

Long overdue update on Crays, I was a bit distracted by Dragons for the last 6 months sorry.... 

Back onto Crays full time until they are done. All the bodies are 95% done, and I have made a good start on the claws. 

These are mostly all spoken for (and some paid for), I will have just a few left over at the end which I will probably auction off. But not taking dibs on them now. 

For those that ordered these pre expo 2016, thank you greatly for your patience. I hope you will be happy with the end result for waiting so long. If anyone wants to opt out, let me know. 

I will still be calling these the 2016 Set of Crays, as they were all started in 2016. I am not sure if there will be a 2017 set. I can't make any promises at the moment. 

Anyway, here are the Cray bodies almost finished, and Claws with a lot more work required. About half will be painted half nudes, in Silky Oak, Camphor, Cedar and Huon Pine. All will alloy bibs, 
The painted ones are Jelutong and cedar.

I hope to be posting these off early Feb! 
Matt

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 2:54pm
Update - The 2016 Crays became 2017 Crays and were all finished and sold in February/March 2017. I thought I might update the post to show how they ended up.

In the end I made 43 Crays in this 2017 set, with a variety of Naturals, Nudes, Semi- Nudes and various colours. All mounted on leather backing cards, with colour matched Pewter badges. 

The initial 30 that I took pre-orders on sold for $150 each, and the remainder sold for between $200 and $350 ish in various sales and auctions.

There turned out to be over two months full time work to make just 43 lures, so I won't be doing them again in a hurry. Here are a few pics. 

This is the full set of 47, numbered bottom row left to right, 1 to 19. middle row 20 to 38, top row 39 to 43. 

Cheers, 
Matt

bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:22pm
Matt 

thanks for making these top Cray Lures I like them extremly top made lures 

mine 

Will you be at the expo?

Awsome top Lures
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 7:12pm
Thanks Dave, yep, I will be there on stand 23. 

No Crays available, but plenty of Dragons, Blue Tongues, Cod and my 68, 78, 88 range of Divers.

Cheers,

Matt
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by matt fraser matt fraser wrote:

Thanks Dave, yep, I will be there on stand 23. 

No Crays available, but plenty of Dragons, Blue Tongues, Cod and my 68, 78, 88 range of Divers.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt 

ill see you there 
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic