LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > C Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carl or Selwyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carl or Selwyn
    Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:42am
Hi guys I would like some expert opinions on these C Lures, I believe I did read that hand signed C Lures are all Carl's. But also he did use stickers towards the end.
I purchased about 80 lures from a lady about half were timber in amongst them were these C Lures, one was signed & the others were stickers they all look identical to my untrained eye in fact it doesn't look like any of them have been used and it would only be a guess they were probably originally purchased at the same time and never used. How can I tell if the stickered ones were made by Carl? I have asked on Facebook & the one guy that tried to help thought that some were Carl's and some he was not sure on.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 8:56am
mate
get in touch with gristy - carl is on this site as grey nomad & he will help you 
he lives in maryborough but is away at cunnamulla at the moment 
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 10:18am
You have some nice lures there Lyonel, excellent condition, they all look like they have come off the copy lathe and not hand carved by Carl, probably sels late eighties/ early nineties.
Cheers steve r
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm
Steve does that include the hand signed one which looks the same as the others?
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:31pm
I will try to contact Carl.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:07pm
Quite a difference in eye placement, some higher, further back etc. Don`t think Carl would have made such different positions. Guessing the lower down & more forward eyes look to be to be Carls handiwork?? Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
mirandarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirandarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:39pm
Haven’t checked this site for a while so you might have already got your answers, but I believe the pink and purple ones (pics 9-12) were made by Bruce Rampton. Hope that helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic