LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Downunder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shrink Wrap vs Loose on Card Doll's Eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shrink Wrap vs Loose on Card Doll's Eyes
    Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 6:07pm
I have a Min Min on card done in Shrink Wrap but a few other Downunders are just loose on their cards.

Does anyone know if all 3 of the Doll's Eye range were done in Shrink Wrap at the start or was it only the Min Min?

And another question. Can you find both white and yellow doll's eyes in the same colour lure or was the eye colour applied consistently to a certain lure colour?

Cheers, Jim
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 6:56pm
I am fairly sure I have seen all three sizes in the "shrink wrap", unfortunately I don't have them.
The yellow eyes seem to be predominantly on seven colours, I think that anything other than these with yellow eyes was "just a bad day at the office" , and any of the seven with white eyes are after market fix ups.
Laurie.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:02pm
Thanks Laurie.
I would guess a few eyes fell off with usage as I have a couple with eyes half hanging out, though still

seem firmly attached ( Not game to REALLY test them out though) I think one or two of these are still

on the card so have never been swum.

Cheers, Jim
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
Jim
is the MinMin the "early" or "late" model?
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:25pm
Presuming you mean minnow shape for late model.

This is one of those weird shaped things on a green and yellow Lively Lures card. Purple with a black spot? Offered to swap it to you years ago( on the other site ) for a wooden Boomer and you just went BOING EYES at me ( haven't got the same emoticon here )

Cheers, Jim
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:35pm
Just spotted the other topic. Are you talking about whether or not the bib has Downunder on it??? If so there's a lot of not widely publicised tricks to this game.

I don't know. Would have to look tomorrow.

Cheers, Jim
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:55pm
Jim
the "early" ones had a single spot on side, and the later ones had stripes and multi spots (same pattern as the 60mm model.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 10:55am
My shrink wrap Min Min is silver with a red or purple spot and has yellow eyes (same as an 80mm Boomerang I have also)

None of my Down Unders have the square towCry

Cheers, Jim
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:48am
Lurehuboz has a photo of an 80mm on a shrink wrap card and the lure is not first series. Assuming

that the shrink wrap is earlier does that mean that all first series were on shrink wrap cards?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic