LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twisted wires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUNJi_LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twisted wires
    Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm
G day guys, 
Just wanted fellow lure makers opinions with gluing in twisted wires.
Currently I'm making some timber 150mm divers & wanted to know do you glue the twists in prior to painting or after? 
I'm using Enviortex lite clearcoat.
Cheers Bryce
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:08pm
This is how I tested my twisted wire mate, just make sure you use 24 hr Araldite not the 5 minute type. I've never had a wire pull out, the timber will part company before the glue.
I glue the belly wire in prior to clearing and then nose and tail ones go in after the clear. I think it makes the belly wire look a whole lot neater.

Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
BUNJi_LURES View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUNJi_LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm
Thanks Blinky, Yeah that was my thought gluing in prior to clearing as it wouldn't be as messy, yes the super strength 24hr is the go its a shame they stopped making the bigger bottles only in the 200ml tubes now
Hutcho1977 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutcho1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:31pm
Gday Blinky,

Just wondering if you fit eyelets and bibs after clearing does the Araldite affect the Etex at all. Being as bibbing is such a messy job. (for me anyway) was worried that it might stain or blemish the final coat. 

Cheers Hutcho
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Hutcho1977 Hutcho1977 wrote:

Gday Blinky,

Just wondering if you fit eyelets and bibs after clearing does the Araldite affect the Etex at all. Being as bibbing is such a messy job. (for me anyway) was worried that it might stain or blemish the final coat. 

Cheers Hutcho

No effect on the Etex. I have it pretty well down pat so it’s not messy at all, a quick wipe with metho will get rid of any excess araldite.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic