Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ron Gallo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Payless Timber Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payless Timber Lure
    Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:07am
Got this big bugger off ebay, caused a fair bit of work finding out what it was & a bit of history about it, this is what I learnt. Made in 2000 by Bruce Kilpatrick for the Payless Timber company of Cairns, only 20 were made & they were given to friends, family & to large orders, most were fished hard for mackeral & have been chewed up as a result, this one seems to have sat in a tackle box & not been fished too hard if at all.SORRY HAD TO UPDATE THE MAKER AS I AM A BOFF HEAD....Richard is 100% correct it is a BK lure made when Payless was Cairns based...

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:07pm
Good collectable you got there smithy !!!
Cheers steve r
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:35pm
Mate keen to find out more on this one, as i have the identical lure, colour, shape and all, only mine is missing sticker although you can see that it was there originally there, was told these were a BK Lures, and looking them up i can see the BK in this lure but, have never seen a Ron Gallo in this shape and even Ron's eyes are way different. any one else know any more? cheers

rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:55pm
Tim, just looked up Payless Timbers & they are based in Tolga on Atherton tablelands and guess who was also based in Tolga?? Bruce Kilpatrick!!Good chance you`r correct in surmising BK. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 2:07pm
Thanks Richard, i just couldn't see a Gallo in this lure at all. good to have it confirmed. cheers
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 2:10pm
Bloody Hell Tim,,,I did it again,,,put it in the wrong place....got to lay of the chilli.....it is a Bruce Kilpatrick made lure 100%...as you can see the sticker is on mine & I rang the company Payless,,,,took a while to find someone there that remembered the lure & had info on it,,,,some one on here gave me the true maker they had the name wrong,,but hey I forget stuff from 10 minutes ago,,,,17 years no chance...Richard is correct & I am a tool again....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic