LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

damaged scale effect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damaged scale effect
    Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 11:11am
Prototype damaged scale pattern,holo scale on foil..trying for a kinda stunned look,mixed feedback,any thoughts ,good,bad or constructive appreciated guy's -
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 11:31am
If I was a pike, I'd hit that.
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:08pm
I'd go for more blood and guts hanging out, fugly style
Dave
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:11pm
Very nice glider, I'm sure something will eat themClapThanks for sharing, regards Chris.
All my braids gone!
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:34pm
Thanks comments, i have used and made lures in past with similar concept, found at times during certain specific hunting techniques,particularly with big trout,but also pike and perch, they will charge into shoals of prey then pick off the wounded or stunned. I also at one time used to make a ground bait mix with real scales added ,to spice up area around a static bait with gently sinking scales ! Also regarding fuglies art, i like the look of wounded looking baits with slash wounds. Best i ever seen was slashed foil version. Was never able to find the pic of one i liked best again. Did wonder if it was made by who i now know is fugly ?
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 4:43pm
A lot of makers pain under the very end of the tail red as this makes it look like the tail is damaged. But I read (years ago and cannot remember who) somebody who paints this area green and gets more hits. Maybe it had something to do with colour changes as the lure goes deeper?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by glider glider wrote:

Thanks comments, i have used and made lures in past with similar concept, found at times during certain specific hunting techniques,particularly with big trout,but also pike and perch, they will charge into shoals of prey then pick off the wounded or stunned. I also at one time used to make a ground bait mix with real scales added ,to spice up area around a static bait with gently sinking scales ! Also regarding fuglies art, i like the look of wounded looking baits with slash wounds. Best i ever seen was slashed foil version. Was never able to find the pic of one i liked best again. Did wonder if it was made by who i now know is fugly ?
ive put the bite on other peoples foiled lures Glider but never done a slashed foil of my own,i think the luremaker your after is a Finnish bloke called Petri Muuttoranta,he is actually a member on here(piatu) but has'nt posted for a while.Petri does some fantastic realistic lures with real fishskin with bites out of them you can probably find him on facebook. Ilike your damaged scale effects but i think if you added some gills with blood oozing out it'd add even more to the effect,mind you those lures look pretty bloody good anywayThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 12:05am
Cheers pugllee, you cleared up 1 point,his small fish with bites out was one i had been looking for to show buddy,which i thought may have been your work. Not slash wounds like his though. I do some slashed foils for a buddy,various styles ,but bearing in mind my lures are only for fishing, its got to be practical time wise. Just that 1 pattern always stuck in my mind from couple of years ago (rose tinted specs?) Seen some of your artwork and thought maybe you were responsible. Thanks,glider...
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 11:53pm
Different scale prototype,           
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:35am
Glider, you`ll have BOB very intrigued re. the GOAT headline in newspaper WinkWink. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:42pm
What were the chances,opened 1st page minutes prior to taking pics.
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 9:29pm
Just noticed tories are revolting, they are !
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 4:32pm
Looks really good,

Learning how do make the whole foils effect is on my one day when I get smarter list.

Hats off to those that can do it
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:45pm
he looks a bit chewed on,very niceThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 8:07pm
Cheers lycan and puglee,very mixed reaction depending on who i showed them to,salt guy's like em cause they see batterd baitfish all the time. Put top 2 on British forum,guy's asked how i could ruin lovely foiled lures by putting horrible foil dots on em,asked me if it was an accident!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic