LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spray Can Paint Decanter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spray Can Paint Decanter
    Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 2:42pm
Hi All,

As am now starting to airbrush more and thereby been decanting paint as everyone does, I thought must be a simpler less messy and more efficient way to do this ????

Loaded up software, then designed and printed a few of these which worked better then expected. Just push them straight over the spray nozzle, attach straw and away you go, no mess or fiddly attaching straws directly to nozzles etc.

Got a bit carried away printing and a few quickly grew into 15 adapters so could put one on each can.

Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:48pm
what a great idea!Clap
that's no how ye make porridge!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:55pm
Thanks Puglee,

Its amazing what you can come up with when suffering massive sleep deprivation. Purchased new 3D designing software that I have wanted for the last 2 years and spent the entire night designing and 3D printing my lure prototypes, didn't make it to bed last night so hoping to change that tonight, its just so addictive.

Was testing new printed lure mods out in the local river at 02:00 and again at 04:30 this morning, this new lure design is one of those must finish life determining ones.

Steve
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:19pm
Thats an awesome idea
seems there is not much much you cant do with that 3D printing. Look forward to see what this takes you too

Knaek & Break 
                    Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
goldtrev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 10:23am
Hi Stephen,  Made myself one using a sprinkler fitting but getting a mess on top of the can so must need to be tighter around nozzle or underneath.   If you get time could you post a photo of view from underneath.

regards

Barry
goldtrev
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 4:53pm
Hey Barry,

Have pm`ed you
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 4:55pm
Hi P.J,

The more software I get my hands on, the greater the designing opportunities.

Learning new techniques all the time.

Steve
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by p.j. p.j. wrote:

Thats an awesome idea
seems there is not much much you cant do with that 3D printing. Look forward to see what this takes you too

Knaek & Break 
                    Per

Per,
I bet you can't 3D a new wife or a new carLOLLOLLOLLOL

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:56pm
Great idea Steve, very cleverClapThanks for sharing, regards Chris.
All my braids gone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic