LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F Clef Firsts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F Clef Firsts
    Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
Hey guys,

I ask lots of questions on here and don't often put up my lures, so I thought I wold put up the run of lures I made for the Christmas and New Year break.

They were designed for tackling wild river bass in the upper Nepean (near Cobbitty/Camden) and the walking and waking grommits, the lures that are my shape, have been two years in (slow) development. They're the last prototypes before I start casting them in resin. I have several other timber prototypes that only need bibs to be finished but I ran out of time before heading off for the break.

I have decided to name my lures F Clef lures, despite not selling them or setting up a company. I just thought it was fun. If anyone else is already doing this please let me know and I will change it.

All of these lures have received at least a few hours work and so some are banged up a bit but overall I'm happy with their durability. They've been in snags and trees, over the rocks and grass and caught a few fish. The purple walker picked up a 1.6 m eel from mid-river, off the top! The only thing that failed was the crappy Big W split rings I had to buy because I wasn't organised enough. If you're wondering where the tail hook from the green walker is, I'll save that to the end.

I appreciate any tips and comments guys. Nutterjuck bass walker included in the photos for size comparison.

Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:33pm
Going to post more photos but I'm having trouble putting more than one in a single post. sorry guys.

Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:39pm
close ups...
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:40pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:43pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:45pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:46pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:50pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:52pm
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:56pm

Just realised I didn't mention in the first post that these are Mini-kad copies. Well mini-Kad/Fugly floorboard copies. They dive much deeper than expected and give off great vibration. A little too upright though, so future versions will have the tow point moved forward. Two hits and no hook-ups on these on the troll.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:59pm

My first dotted eyes. Ermm need to work on those.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:01pm
and what happened to the tail hook on the green walker?

Lesson here.... Don't attempt a bow and arrow cast when you are frustrated, still moving and inexperienced.

Thanks for looking guys. Sorry again about the multiple posts.

Cheers,

Ces.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:02pm
OUCH on that last photoCensoredDead. Well done on your lures, they look great.ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:25pm
Nice work Ces !!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:12pm
Thanks guys. I'm just happy that they work. Looking forward to getting some time to knock some more out and do some final refining.

Cheers,

Ces.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:12pm
Here's one of the one's that just needed the bib added. Going to give it a go in Friday night.

An attempt at a perch pattern and my first bit of foiling. Pretty happy with the foiling (not so much the paint) but does anyone have some pointers for getting the paint to stick to it?

Thanks for looking guys.

Cheers,

Ces.
New Signing View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Signing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:55am
look great mate
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:08pm
Can't help you with the paint on the foil, but yep - looks greatClap
Martin-

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 10:51am
Nice lures,what type of foil and paint are you having problem with?
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 10:53am
Clear over foil,then paint,hope helps....glider
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:48am
Thanks guys and thanks for the tip, glider.

The foiled lure was performing well over the weekend so I'll be working on making more and I'll give that a go mate.

Cheers,

Ces.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:43am
luv the green !!!
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 6:18am
very nice surface lures hope that thumb is healing alrightShocked
that's no how ye make porridge!
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:51pm
Bit of proof that they work. I've only been pursuing this for a couple of years and I think I can say this summer has me addicted. To lures and to lure fishing. ha ha

Glider, I forgot to mention that I'm using foil tape and createx paint.

Now to make those tweaks and get a master going. All the pouring materials turned up today so no more excuses. Its time to make some for friends and family.

Cheers guys,

Ces.
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:07pm
Very nice.I like the mini kad types.
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 7:54pm
Good stuff cef,putting a thin clear coat over foil then painting should solve problems.......glider.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:17pm
Missed these when they came out somehow. Looking great Ces, your paintwork is very nice. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:59am
Ces  like the solid bibs you are using.
You appear to be getting good results as well
Regards  John
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:44am
Looking great ces...and fish...good stuff.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
Thanks guys. Appreciate the nice words, especially from makers of such regard.

I''m working in the tweaks as we speak (life got the way as always) but did have these guys out over the weekend and picked up a couple of nice autumn bass from the surface, including a p.b.

Would have been happy with a tiddler, it's so fun catching on your own but a p.b. capped it.

Thanks guys.

Ces
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:13pm
Thats what its all about mate...fun hey :)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
Well done Ces.

I've found all I want to do these days is use backyard made lures. Much more satisfying and always a pleasure to show the successful results to the maker. Don't remember the last time I used a diver that wasn't of cottage industry origin. Keep up the good work, your ones are clearly producing the goods.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

Well done Ces.

I've found all I want to do these days is use backyard made lures. Much more satisfying and always a pleasure to show the successful results to the maker. Don't remember the last time I used a diver that wasn't of cottage industry origin. Keep up the good work, your ones are clearly producing the goods.

Cheers,

Danny.

Totally agree with you there Danny. You would be hard pressed to find a factory made lure in my tackle boxes apart from the metal lures. And even then, many are my own or made by mates.
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic