LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diamond Creek wake bait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diamond Creek wake bait
    Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 8:48pm
Thought I would show my progress on the wake bait I'm making, it's based on the same style as my surface lures just longer.
All eyelets wired together and glued in, next step hook hanger on belly and paint

Cheers, Dave.
Dave
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 6:15am
Looking goodThumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 12:16pm
I like it mate, should look sweet all dressed up. Is it going to get a walker style bib or a waking bib?

Cheers,

Ces.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 1:28pm
Great Dave. Looking forward to seeing the paint and patterns you go with.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Watching this with interest - this is going to be goodThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Yatesdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm
I'll be going the wake style bib for this one but will make another with a walker style.
As for colours not to sure yet, I do like pink and purple on lures so I'll have a play and see what I come up with. Stay tuned
Cheers Dave
Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:50pm
Next step bib design complete
Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:15pm
Enie meanie minie moe what colour combo should I go

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 6:16pm
All rigged up and ready for testing on Saturday
Dave
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm
Claplet's see how that sucker swimsClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:29pm
Had a quick maiden swim in the bath while the wife and kids were out but there was no wiggle or snake action the bib just made it lay over and nothing so not to sure where to go, I'll make a few different bibs and see how that goes,
Any thoughts would help
Cheers
Dave
Dave
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:43pm
Nothing to lose...just cut the bib to a point bit by bit till you find a closer action to your liking..then work on a new bib closer to what works better till you get it right...worth a try...personally id consider making the head less bulky to allow water to flow full length of lure ..atm bulky head pushes wayer away from rest of lure..just a thought...rockygravel may know more though...hopefully he will give a genuine insight to help you learn more.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:55pm
Some wake baits take a bit of speed to get started. Maybe the bath isn't big enough?
I reckon still get it in the lake for a full swim. Then like Nicho says - shave the bibb down bit by bit and see how it goes. Might be worth bending it slightly more forward to give it a look too. Depends how it's sitting at rest. Hard to know but i feel like that bib might almost point backwards.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:01pm
Thanks heaps Nicho and Ducks will try bending more forward then I'll have a go at cutting a bit off, also got a rounder bib I made I can try also, if the shape works out to be the problem I might put a walker bib on this one as it should work and then re work my shape a little for the wake as as Nicho said may be a little bulky in head area
Cheers fellas much appreciated ,

Dave.
Dave
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:24pm
So many scenarios...trial and error is the best way to learn and satisfying once you work out what works and why...enjoy.
And yes a paddler bib would work on that lure...but that the easy way out!
Also as ducks says...that lure..at a full cast may and probably will work fine over that distance.
.so dont change anything till youve tried that first!
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:29pm
Will do, thanks again guys and stay tuned
Cheers
Dave
Dave
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:19pm
Dave, my first impression was that your tow point is too high, I think the lure would swim with that bib if the tow point was down roughly where the screw head is.
Tim
34 South

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:42pm
Thanks heaps for your input Tim, I'll give that a go before I do anything major.
Cheers mate
Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yatesdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Nothing to lose...just cut the bib to a point bit by bit till you find a closer action to your liking..then work on a new bib closer to what works better till you get it right...worth a try...personally id consider making the head less bulky to allow water to flow full length of lure ..atm bulky head pushes wayer away from rest of lure..just a thought...rockygravel may know more though...hopefully he will give a genuine insight to help you learn more.

Ha ha just realised last bit of ya sentence
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic