Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > Reidys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pipeline George colours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pipeline George colours
    Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:16pm
I have been picking up the odd Pipeline George here and there over the years. I have 2 colours being these below. Does anybody know what other colours these came in - or have a colour chart? I think I have a very damaged blue one somewhere as well.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 3:10pm
I'm confused Martin, these are Reidys Big Barras .
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 4:29pm
I'm confused, too. I thought that George Dempster was known as Pipeline George.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 5:47pm
I think maybe somewhere along the pipeline martin has found a bottle of rum...or been in the shed with chris sniffing thinners.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 6:39pm
AHHH OK, I was told they were named after George Dempster. My initial source of info is wrong thenShockedEmbarrassed

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:51pm
NOooooooooooooooo , I'm ''Pipeline George''.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:49pm
I usually come in here to look at the pictures ,cause as soon as I start to read anything I just get totally confused.
Who`s lures are they? other than Martins
And who the bloody hell is Pipeline George
I shoulda just looked at the pictures
Really nice lures anyway
Cheers Kimo
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 7:48am
Just to add to the confusion, another lure maker ended up with the same mould as the Reidy's Big Barra and made quite a few and they were painted differently as well. The ones Martin has look to be true Reidy's.
Cheers,

Gavin
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 7:58am
Kimo, "Pipeline" George Dempster was a prolific lure maker in Townsville (He is still alive living in retirement home here) He was also known "AS DOLLAR A INCH"George, e.g 2" lure was $2.00 back in the day. He lived in a street close to Ross River which had a large (2 or 3 feet dia.) pipe crossing the river, he test swam the lures here. The 2 Lures Martin has shown are Jeff Reidys. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 12:13pm
John Law, (of Lawsy's Lures and Swagman Lures) bought the rights to these in the early 90s.

I have a Swagman Barra Supreme packet but the lure has "Lawsy's Lures Barra Supreme" moulded
in the belly.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 1:33pm
Thanks Richard
I was thinking some where, where you said, just needed some clarity
It dose get a bit confusing with so many makers making what appears to be copies of the same lure or as Murraycod said different people buying the rights to a lure
Don`t see to many of any of them down here
Thanks again
Kimo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic