LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

uploading video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uploading video
    Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:37am
help?
I have tried repeatedly with no success.
and on my new laptop, which is windows 10, that "insert video" option isn't even there. but on my old laptop(windows 7) I open to post a reply and the video option is there.
however, everything I have tried doesn't do anything.

can someone run me through what steps need to be done. please.
I opened the insert video option, but nothing I do in there does anything. I can't copy/paste a url from youtube anywhere or anything.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:46am
Hey mate

When you get the insert movie icon it should bring up a popup screen that allows you to past your video url in.

However, since you haven't got the icon, you can try just posting the url inside some TUBE tags to see if it works.

[.TUBE]put_url_here[/.TUBE]
(Remove the full stops when you do it, as I've put them in just so it wont try to display a video)
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:57am
that is what I figured.
I was trying that, but it won't even let me "paste"
I tried to put between the "tube" segments like that as well. but when I go to paste, paste won't even highlight as a option.
so, it sounds like I am trying the right things, but for some reason it just isn't allowing me.
any idea why the video option isn't there on my windows 10 laptop?
thanks.
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:58am
I will switch over to my other computer and give it another try after I eat something.
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:05pm
k, so if i right-click in that bar, my paste won't even highlight.
so then i click "preview", and it brings up those "tube" in parentheses in the lower box. but i can't do anything in that box. i click anywhere in it and i can't type, nothing. i right-click anywhere in it, even between the tubes, and still nothing, paste won't highlight.
very strange.
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:52pm

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:54pm
ta-da!!
k, for some reason, when i was copying the url, a negative sign in brackets would quickly flash.
guessing it wasn't copying. i went into info of video and copied url there, then tried again and paste would highlight.
so i had it right, just wouldn't copy for some reason.
but still weird that the video feature isn't there on windows 10.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 2:22pm
But you finally got it there! Smile  I'm pretty hopeless with computers but I found out how to put a video on. Mine still has Windows 7. Lure has a nice wiggle by the way... Thumbs Up
Fysshe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic