LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure brands to look for ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lure brands to look for ?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:10pm
As we tackle what seems a mammoth task - What brands of lures should we keep our eye out for that are commonly of interest to people?
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by LewFish LewFish wrote:

As we tackle what seems a mammoth task - What brands of lures should we keep our eye out for that are commonly of interest to people?

Perhaps one of our reputable Brisbane collectors could offer up a bit of time and get together with you to let you know what you have ??????
Have to be easier tban posting up a million pics when you're flying blind .
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by micknq micknq wrote:

Originally posted by LewFish LewFish wrote:

Perhaps one of our reputable Brisbane collectors could offer up a bit of time and get together with you to let you know what you have ??????
Have to be easier tban posting up a million pics when you're flying blind .

VERY good call Mick.

Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:06pm
I'd be happy to help where I can, I'd enjoy the opportunity to look at his collection. My knowledge is not as good as some but I could help with 90% of it.
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:51am
People like all sorts of different things.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 8:33am
I agree that if someone local was able to offer assistance in sorting it would save you guys a lot of time.
In general, older timber lures from Australian makers will get more attention here.  Some are worth more than others - but in general if it has some age to it and is timber it would be worth selling individually or in small (matched) groups of 2-3.
In my opinion the collectible timber lures you would be better off auctioning on here.  It's relatively easy and it's free to do.
Then with the rest, break them down by type (ie. a tackle tray filled with barra lures that easy fits in a prepaid post satchel) and while you could sell some of that here I think ebay is the best place to move large amounts (like I assume you must be wading through). Although obviously there are fees involved there.
Alternatively you could separate out the valuable ones and lump the rest in a massive lot to get it over with.  Though you probably wouldn't get as much return.
Also depending on what type of time frame you need to deal with - you could hold off for a few months and bring it to the Lure Expo in Ipswich.  You would get a lot of opinions, and a lot of interest.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:16am
Your profile states you're in Brisbane, he's been quiet for awhile, but Brad Holman (aka Darby on LL) is your man. What Brad doesn't know about lures isn't worth knowing.
If you can wait until July for the Expo at Ipswich, I'm sure Brad will be there, along with many other knowledgable collectors, in the downstairs area.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic