LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Finnish Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skitter Pop size question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skitter Pop size question
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:08am
Hey all
Hoping some of the wiser folk here might be able to point me right...
I *had* quite a few "Rapala Skitter Pops" which I liked quite a bit.
I think about a dozen came from a bulk ebay buy from about 15 years ago and I thought they were bog standard. All in classic Rapala colours.

As you can see they were a particular favourite when walking along beaches up North.

Now I've lost them all, and on trying to replace them, discovered they don't seem to match an available size?

The readily available size is 9cm, and 1/2oz, which seemed close on weight but the size of the lure looks wrong in my hand. I'm sure my ones were longer, possibly a bit slimmer?
So then I kept my eye out for the 'Saltwater' 12cm, 40gram, model but this is way bigger than what I had.  Both length and girth.

So does anyone know if I'm just losing my mind?
If I had to lay money down, I'd swear mine were 11cm and a half ounce.
Did Rapala formerly make that size and I'm just unable to find it?
Prototypes? Knock offs?

Have I been throwing away something I can't replace with a bit of value in to packs of marauding tiny trevally and bite offs from stinking cuda's?  I'm a bit horrified by that, but only a bit.
(My very last one was taken by a bigger trevally off the beach of Fitzroy Island. I was never stopping him from the shore with a light beach spinning outfit.)

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 2:39pm
Hi Ducks,Have you got any better pictures of what you are after, I must have at a guess 50/100 rapala`s new old shapes sizes
Some I fish most will probably sit in boxes. Im a bit of a sucker for Rapala if I see them cheep or just like the look I buy them
Couple a better pics and I may be able to match some up for ya
Cheers Kimo
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 4:17pm
Hey Kimo.
They're just like rapala skitter pops but they are somewhere between the currently available 9cm model and saltwater 12cm model.
Or I might have completely lost my mind. I'll look through some pics for better ones of mine later.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 7:47pm

That's the best I can find unfortunately.  I am not in the habit generally of taking pics of fish with lures if the lure is not 'special'.  But I found a pic with my rigged up rod in it ready to go the next morning.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:39pm
Gees mate I don`t think I have anything at all with a mouth guard but I will look tomorrow and get back to you
Cheers Kimo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic