LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home made Scroll Saw from Jigsaw for cutting Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home made Scroll Saw from Jigsaw for cutting Lure
    Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 1:34am

Hi Smile

Today I have finally run my home made scroll saw for cutting lure profile.

It was amazing journey of last 6-8 months to reach a final mile stoneAs  history tells us that need is the mother of all inventions which  proved true in my case as well.

By mistake I purchased Jig saw with a view to cut timber as well as profile for the wood lures. I tried a lot with jigsaw but could not handle it even while cutting the timber for lures forget about cutting out profile of the lures.

This was a great set back for me and spend good time on internet to find any source which can give me some idea to utilize my jigsaw to lure making. Got  great idea from the videos posted by Paoson woodworking and Sergio Acuna Padin on YouTube.

I am not a carpenter, but through resource online I could make the body for my scroll saw and again got struck as how to mount the upper arm to hold the blade as well as adopter for jigsaw on other side. Could not find any good source online and started trying on a piece of paper with some ideas using basic common sense.

Made arm spring with welding steel wire in order to give tension and for the jigsaw adaptor I cut my jigsaw blade to suitable length. Now the challenge was to drill a hole in the blade to make connection of scroll saw blade. The blade of jigsaw is made up of hard steel which cannot be drill through and it will break. I lost few blades in doing so and then thought of getting it done from a workshop. They also broke few blades while trying to drill hole and finally they heat the blade and succeeded in making hole.

I spend lot of time in understanding and trying to develop my own idea for the adaptors at both the end and finally the day has come to run my home made scroll saw made from  jigsaw. Still I need to do final touch up  here and there but functionally it works great. I cut first profile of lure  today and also bib slot on the same with bib cutting jig made as per Paul Adam  tutorial.

I am not able to upload the video as the size of file is above the limit, will try to upload on youtube and send a link.

Thanks

Here are few Pictures of the same.

sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 7:07am
Hi

I have just upload video on you tube, here is the link :https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=mmr7tkZBL1U

Thanks
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
wow!,you are one very clever fellow Raghubir,i take my hat off to youClapThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 3:29pm
Good going Raghubir Clap you ended up with what you needed Thumbs Up.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 5:04am
Some very good thinking
Great work Thumbs Up
When i click on the link i go to my youtube channel and videos. Is that only me ore do others also get that Confused Smile

Have a great day 
           Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 5:31am
Hi
Per
It should not happen when you click a link of someone else.
May be because I am subscribe to your YouTube channel 😊 .

Thanks

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:28am
I have looked at it on your youtube channel, and i think you have made a very clever and usefull tool.
Looks like it is cutting very well, and you are gaining a lot by that 
Keep up the great work ClapClapClap

Knaek & Break (tight lines)
            Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:30am
Hi

Please give your suggestion & views.

Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic