LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nearly Finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nearly Finished
    Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 2:41pm
Got bored today whilst waiting for something to print and thought would see how my ALIEN style lure would look with a prime, still has some imperfections to clean up but its getting there.

As I said still some bits to clean up before painting.

May yet change to the next design down which has a lot more detail

Yep I get bored easy
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 3:06pm
Its awesome, If Hans Giger was alive he would be placing orders or asking for royalties LOL
post a pic when you detail it in
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 3:09pm
Thanks Doc,

First I have to ask a million questions of people on this site about air brushing, don't wish to ruin it with a crappy paint job.

Cheers
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 3:32pm
The best advice I can give,(and by nomeans am I an expert ) is think of airbrushing in 3 dimensions layering from lightest to dark. Rather than paint a lure silver I will use pearl white then very lightly mist on black when clearcoated the difference is surprising. Have a look at Echo creations he is doing some real nice work with counter shading around stencils
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 7:50pm
Top detail in both stylesClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:14am
what target alien you chasin mate lol,they look great
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the supportive comments - ,much appreciated.

The one lure I REALLY want to post on here I cant, its been tested & proven, and achieves greater then my original expectations ever imagined the new concept would. So painful sitting on it for > 1 Yr whilst I figure out the best way to reproduce them material / budget wise.

Very close to having that figured out and have lodged the intellectual property paperwork - So just sitting here crying like a baby that I cant share it yet.

Two people from this site have seen it and both agreed great concept which just makes me want to curl up in the foetal position even more     
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:56pm
Fantastic! well done, love itClap

Samurai
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:07pm
That Looks crazy mate very nice.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
very cool lure,we need to see a predator one nowBig smile
that's no how ye make porridge!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:22pm

Funny you should say that, its already part way designed.

Good thing I like challenges, cause designing stuff online is so much like carving wood, so many cuts, smoothing, cursing and overall bad hair day moments.

Ahh stubbornness is my friend, thankfully sanity doesn't get a look in or I would never design anything.

Steve
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:18pm
but you want the fish to be "attracted" to your lure, not "scared-to-bejeezus" of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic