Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 - 25th Anniversary Evolution sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 - 25th Anniversary Evolution sets
    Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:52pm
 This year being my 25th Anniversary, I have decided to do a set based on my evolution as a lure maker. The set will consist of 6 lures in chronological order, starting with the original 1992 Deception Yabby ( known as the series 1 Yabby) which then morphed into the series 2 Yabby ( see pics) then we have the lure I called the Whitmore Shrimp ( effectionately known as the Cutlet Bone Shrimp) followed by the next generation Shrimp (rounded top & bottom) the Cherax and finally the Scampi. These lures will be all made "Old School" using the old original jigs and techniques from back in the early 90's. This is the first time I have done a mixed set, in the past it has been one lure using 6 of my old Deception themed paint patterns. There is an option of 2 different coloured sets, our biggest selling pattern and probably the most famous is the dark green back & sides, orange rings and belly, known in our house as "#6", the second colour is my personal favourite Sunset Segmented or "#12" (see pics below, 2nd pic Yabby series 2, back lure in pic) . The sets will be housed in a custom made (by me) dovetailed timber box with an engraved acrylic lid, nestled in the white beech shavings that they were made from, to keep the costs down I have decided to do 25 of each set ( a total of 50 sets, each set numbered 1-25) the sets will be priced at $400.00ea, the cheapest I have ever done them for since the 10th Anniversay sets back in 2002. You can request a number that you would like, but I can't guarantee it as I have collectors that have requested particular numbers since 2011. Below is the lure shapes I will be using, also a pic of the colour pattern in the last pic, last lure in the left hand colour column, and second last on the right hand side. Please pm me any questions or to place an order, should have added, payment due upon completion, second half to Late August ( depending on weather conditions) cheers Paul

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
Hey Paul.

Mate the sets sound incredible, but unfortunately my life at the moment involves studying and working when I can, so I need to cut back on a few things. Most sane people outside the lure collecting world would probably voice their view that I should start with lures. So regretfully not this year for me. Can't wait to see them though...

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:05pm
Not a problem Danny, Adulting really sux sometimes Cry Got one set of Sunsets unspoken for and 6 sets of Green/Orange Thumbs Up
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:36am
G'day Guys, just a heads up for those who ordered the 25th Anniversary Evolution sets, just putting the finishing touches to the boxes, they will be ready to go early next week Thumbs Up And before someone asks? No pics until the new owners receive theirs and post their own pics. Also "Note" our EFT details have changed, so please PM me for the new ones or alternative payments. cheers Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic