LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kanga lures newly compleded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanga lures newly compleded
    Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
Hi guys, my name is Darin and this my first post, so go easy on me haha,got to say im loving this forum, and hope to be a regular contributor to the forum. Thought i would show a few of the types of lures i make. Ive read the how to on image uploads, but that dont mean much haha will give it a go and see how i go. All made from timber
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 8:07pm
Some nice colours there Darin, keep them coming.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 8:16pm
Looking good darin
i reckon ive got a few kanga lures here in packets from years ago, purchased at illuka or yamba from memory.
keep them coming
Jas
and welcome to the site mate...enjoy
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
reddy time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddy time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 8:37pm
Got a couple of nice kanga jewfish lures.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 4:51pm
Darin, nice looking lures, don't wish to deflate you, but there's another maker who uses the name Kanga Lures. He's Calvin Peuser from the Pillar Valley, on the Wooli Rd. via Grafton NSW.
Been making for years, he doesn't visit LL but he's still making, I saw him in May last. I'll post a couple of pics of his lures which I purchased on my visit.
Regards, Seaweed.

"Always Merry and Bright"
Roosie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 6:06pm
Serious what are the chances of that haha, i was wondering what the other posts meant, had no idea, my last name is Roos and have been called kanga most of my life thats were the name came from, its also a registered buisness name kangalures.com.au with abn attached strange that nothing ever come up about someone else with the same buisness name ?? Is it spelt the same ??
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 6:33pm
Welcome to the site Darin, you make good looking lures - good colour combos and shapes. Would like to see a video of that jointed surface lure swimming.

And yes, the other Kanga is spelt the same.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Roosie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm
Hi horrorhead thanks mate, can video footage be uploaded here ? I have a short vid of it in prototype form ( not painted )
reddy time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddy time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 7:19pm
Checked your face book page, nice looking lures you make. Noticed one had kanga lures written on the underneath just like the jewfish kanga lures I have.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:49pm
whats in a name? we just call them northern Kangas or southern kangasLOL.i really like your trouty lures in the top right hand pick Darin ,very nice indeedThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Roosie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:08pm
Thanks puglee62, yeah trout lures, i take my hate off to aboriginal painters mate, paint spots do my head in haha this ones the same pattern but in 120mm , i troll this size allot with good results
Roosie View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:10pm
Sorry for the image, uploading keeps throwing my photos sideways for some reason ?
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:00pm
Yeah I seen you using the Kanga name and thought that maybe you had purchased Kanga from him? Just a thing on the trademark bit, doesn't mean a thing if the other party has been using it longer than you have, even if he never Trademarked the name. Calvin has been Kanga Lures for over 20 years, do a bit of a Google search and you will see a lot of his models. Your lures look the goods mate, good luck with it all Thumbs Up
phatrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:26pm
Love the look of the snake mate. Top notch!
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:28pm
Very nice Darin, you've got some skills with an airbrush that's for certain.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 6:44pm
Darin, I don't think Calvin's the type of bloke to take offence. Simply change your name to 'Boomer Lures' that should stir the pot .
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Roosie Roosie wrote:

Hi horrorhead thanks mate, can video footage be uploaded here ? I have a short vid of it in prototype form ( not painted )

Yes mate videos can be uploaded. Not sure how though.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 2:53am
Lovely lures roosie, perch and trout especially.
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 9:19am
Really nice bet the fish agree too that snake is too cool..
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Roosie Roosie wrote:

Thanks puglee62, yeah trout lures, i take my hate off to aboriginal painters mate, paint spots do my head in haha this ones the same pattern but in 120mm , i troll this size allot with good results
i dunno those dots look pretty good,very nice indeedThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic