Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Samurai Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samurai Plastics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samurai Plastics
    Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:32pm
    Just a few of the plastic lures out of China that I paint and beefed and sell under my Samurai Sportsfishing Lures brand. I don't sell commercially as it's more of a lure painting hobby for me, I only sell by word of mouth and online. At the moment I have forty different models in stock. The best thing about it is I get to paint lures the in the designs that I want or would use, if I sell a few great if not, well I end up with a great collections of different coloured luresLOL and I don't die of boredomBig smile

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:51pm
Good on you Warren, They look great mate and must come over to check them out soon. Thumbs Up
Life is fishing!
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:30am
they look the goods .I got a batch out of china couple years back and they didn't stand up to hervey bay fish ,just broke at hook entry ,when I pulled one apart they only had a small plastic knob holding the hook connection in .hope yours are made from a diff company
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:40am
mate ... let me know if you have any green ones for me or silver for anette !!! WinkWink lol 
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by al49 al49 wrote:

they look the goods .I got a batch out of china couple years back and they didn't stand up to hervey bay fish ,just broke at hook entry ,when I pulled one apart they only had a small plastic knob holding the hook connection in .hope yours are made from a diff company

Hi al49, I get all my blanks from the same factory in China, I have known the owner and worked with them for over ten years, this company makes lures for several of the top lure names in the worldSmile the blanks I use are not rejects or seconds. I have used this companies lures for my own personal use exclusively for over ten years and can say I have never lost a fish because of lure failure or had a lure brake on me.
I don't want to turn this post into a debate on the pro or cons of Chinese made lures, I'm just making a statement about the background of the blanks I use for my Samurai plastic lures. I will let the Anglers who buy them (if anyLOL) make up their own minds about their quality.

Cheers Samurai

samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
        I had to reply here to my own post from 2017, I stated in that post back then that I then had 40 different Chinese Made models in stockLOLLOL after I stopped rolling around on the floor I thought I better up date that number. I now have 150 different Chinese Made Models in stockLOLLOL

Samurai
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:03pm
ive seen them  and they look good..better or more individual than shop bought lures...like you say, you know your shit, been around the industry more than most, for decades.. so if you get enjoyment from painting them thats great, better than being bored.
I do remember a bloke that said hed never make a timber lure again, but then knocked out 100s in quick succession!Wink
if you enjoy it.. just do it! when and how it suits YOU!
Smile

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:59pm
          Thanks Nicho, when I sold JaySea I always felt that I never really got to finish a few JaySea prototypes that I had been play with over the years and caught a lot of great fish. Some a few people have seen and even the odd collectors on this site have one or two in their collectionsWinkBig smile sadly they never get to see the water. So recently I thought to my self what the #*@$ why not!!!!.
          So now that I have JaySea again, some time between now an Xmas there will be at least six new JaySea models (mainly hybrids) I will be releasing in limited Edition numbers of 20 lures of each model. If folks like them and buy them, Great (if they buy them I hope they use them) if they don't, I will not be loosing any sleep over itCoolLOLLOL

Happy Days
          Warren
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 12:40pm
Will be good to see your new models WarrenThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
I look forward to seeing your new models Warren! Clap
Cheers, Graham
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:48am
and they work !!!WinkWinkcheers
bazz

a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic