LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mondy dam with my lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mondy dam with my lures
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:34pm
have only been making lures for 12 months and testing them is one of my new past times ,I have just returned from mondy dam where spring time barra are a hit and miss affair ,arrived at 12 pm Monday fished a few areas finding wind blown bays ,accounted for a ferw cattie and two barra swirls ,these were all on a mates custom lure,fished next day without a barra using all my new lures and proven lures.sitting in camp after 16 hrs for a few catty was thinking of packing up in morning and heading home 

but there was one small bay that had regular wind blowing into it so decided to spend first two hrs in there then head.used the mates hybrid first uo as its a great prospecting lure it imitates the huge amount of gar in the dam ,my new lures have the same colors as they work lol.around 10 minutes in to session in landed a rat  barra around 500 with 2 more coming in next 2 casts.

changed to my lures now as I was on the board ,the next 3 hrs were ridiculous landed 10 barra dropped 10 and had many more hits and swirls behind the lure biggest 750 mm and lost my hybrid to biggest fish of day around 900mm as it smashed me thru the trees  .

it is a real buzz catching something on a personal lure you have made as you will all attest too.it also gives me great confidence to continue making lures.that insecurity hangs around i  suppose till you actually get success with them.
it a lot better world if you just smile
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:38pm
ClapClapClap Well done. I've fished Monduran a few times in spring with only onwe hit so you did wellClapClapClap

Congrats on you lureThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:54pm
Well done Al, got to be happy with that !!! :-)
Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 8:38pm
Top stuff Allan. I'm jealous. Terrific fish.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:07pm
Good one Al. Great to hear Mondy is fishing so well, love this time of the year!
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Good one Al. Great to hear Mondy is fishing so well, love this time of the year!
it should be a great year there tony if the weather gods want to play and stop it from going over for a year or two
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:01pm
Nice going mate. Lovely looking fish and lures. Well done. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 7:15am
Magnificent mate. Thumbs Up
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 7:41am
Great work mate, congratulations.
Dan
Fishalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fishalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 9:32am
Well doneClap, looks like it might get back to what it was a few years ago.   Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic