LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

back to mondy to test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back to mondy to test
    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:10pm
hit mondy again to test out the second batch of lures ,these ones are a minnow type 150mm long made out of huon pine ,the wind was up way more than forecasat so finding wind blown bays that didn't have too much for comfort wise was a bit difficult.fish these lures tight into structure with small double twitches then pause and wind technique.these have a slow rise which I like as you can let them come up over branches and lillies before twitching them back done in to the zone.found fish all over the place with many lost fish due to being too tight in the trees.i lost my prototype 3 to a goog fish around 850mm with it taking it right down the throat and busting the 60lb leader .it tail walked around twice after losing it about 15 minutes apart trying to dislodge lure.you don't get your lure back 99% of the time in these cases and I was disappointed I lost it, only to go down the back of the bay and find it floating in the bay didn't break any bibs or hook points which was a relief but the lures did suffer significant damage due to hook rub and fish abrasion ,so I will have to put a two pack topcoat clear on which I didn't want to as the colors were perfect as a natural finish to mimic the gar in the fresh .
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:28pm
Nice looking lure Al! And red eyes too. Now you know it works and lucky to get it back too...
Fysshe
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:14pm
Well done on your luresClap, and well done on you luck in getting it back as wellLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
TimmO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TimmO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:55pm
Finding the lure is always a bonus. Great story.
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

Nice looking lure Al! And red eyes too. Now you know it works and lucky to get it back too...
yes that was that delemma when it wwas taken I had only just thought put that away now as it had a great action for these fish ,it is usually someone else that gets to find the lure maybe months down the track .Cry 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic