LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something you might enjoy !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something you might enjoy !
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:35am
I went to a garage sale today here in Austin, Texas, and they had a number of really cool fishing lures. I bought a bunch of stuff, but perhaps the coolest ones were ones that I could not buy. The people having the garage sale were a young couple who had just moved here, in their grandfather had been a fisherman, lure collector, and apparently a lure maker as well! They had a bunch of the lures he and hand carved, but unfortunately I was not able to buy one because they have decided to keep them all. That is easily understandable. I'm going to help them sort through their collection here in the coming weeks, so I'm hoping that maybe I can get one of these as payment. They really are fantastic. Anyway, Bill Justice is the man who made this lure, he was from Alabama. Apparently he would sit on his porch and carve these out by hand, and then paint them and trade them with people from Japan and other places. I thought you might enjoy taking a look!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 4:03am
What a story attach to this magnificent Lure Smile
Have a great day
          Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 5:19am
Thanks, I will actually continue to get more of the story as soon as I can, because I think It would be neat to find out more about him !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
thats a very real looking lure, Bill certainly has a talent.Pretty keen to find out more about himThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:02am
That's a very cool looking lure, i like the packaging aswell look forward to hearing & seeing more. Cheers
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
great lure and can just imagine him sitting on his verandah,whittling away on the timber  chewing some tobacco or gum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic