LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A bunch of vintage lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A bunch of vintage lures
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:50am
I started collecting a bit ago. I had these out so that my girlfriend could choose some to display, so I figured I would shoot a few pics. I can take more pics if any of you would like to see individual photos of certain ones.

I’ve also been accumulating vintage balsa lures, mostly Bagley’s and Poe’s....

I think I have some old Mann’s lures here too, I probably should dig them out.

Here are the lures she chose to display ....

Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Rocket Surgeon

Super! Nice collection.

Q- What is the red / white frog looking surface lure (with red legs)? It's legs move as you pull it. I happened to come across one recently and had never seen on before.

Cheers TB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Cod Classic Cod Classic wrote:

Rocket Surgeon

Super! Nice collection.

Q- What is the red / white frog looking surface lure (with red legs)? It's legs move as you pull it. I happened to come across one recently and had never seen on before.

Cheers TB

Thanks, it’s a good start ! :)

I’m not sure what the frog is ...I haven’t been able to track it down yet. The black fish (shore pattern) also has a pull string, and it flaps its tail. :)
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:04pm
Great collection mate, like the tiger one by the knife

Cheer's,
Dave
Life is fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:32am
Originally posted by MadDogLures MadDogLures wrote:

Great collection mate, like the tiger one by the knife

Cheer's,
Dave

The old Heddon Tiger. Not worth a lot, but I really like it. I’d like to get a few more colors and sizes.

I hope you’re doing great Dave !
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:32am
G'day Andrew, Been busy doing lures mate and hope all good with you.

That tiger lure looks great, Heddon makes great lures, in the older days fished with Heddon Tadpolly and always caught fish with it.

Also like River Runt (spook), Prowler and also Brush Popper another great lure by Heddon.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:50am

G'day Andrew, Been busy doing lures mate and hope all good with you.

That tiger lure looks great, Heddon makes great lures, in the older days fished with Heddon Tadpolly and always caught fish with it.

Also like River Runt (spook), Prowler and also Brush Popper another great lure by Heddon.

Cheers,
Dave

Sounds like life is treating you well ! I’m good too. Always keeping busy. As a musician I spend a ton of time traveling, luckily I love it ! Now if I only had more time to fish !
Heddon has made so many great lures !!!

I need to get some more Aussie lures, so I can display them . These are the only four I have. Two of these might be familiar to you ;)

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:48pm
Yes I do and the other two not too bad either
Life is fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:28pm

Yes I do and the other two not too bad either

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm
G'day Andrew that Bagley green/yellow/black looks alright and how old is it?

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:27pm

G'day Andrew that Bagley green/yellow/black looks alright and how old is it?

Cheers,
Dave

Hello !

I actually have a couple of them. I’m still researching, but I think they’re from the early-mid 1980s

I need to dig a bit deeper

I hope you’re having a great day !
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:37pm
Andrew, the 'V' shaped lure in pic 3 looks familiar!! Ermm Any history on it?
Fysshe
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:03pm
I've been making these fellas for over 25 years now. I thought it was a pretty unique shape!! LOL... This was the prototype small version.

Fysshe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

Andrew, the 'V' shaped lure in pic 3 looks familiar!! Ermm Any history on it?

Honestly, I found it in a flea market and have not found a maker yet...though I just picked up a great Lure Identification book from the library. As far as I can tell so far, it’s a cheap plastic copy of the original Heddon Frog lure. I’ll take some close up pics later today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

I've been making these fellas for over 25 years now. I thought it was a pretty unique shape!! LOL... This was the prototype small version.

Here are some close ups of that lure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic