LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First lure shaped up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limber-timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First lure shaped up
    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:56am
G,day,
New to the forum but have been reading up over the last few months gaining info before giving it a crack myself.
I've attached a few photos (uploaded from my phone so unsure if it's worked)
Idea behind the lure is it can be worked in a short sharp motion which will allow the cupped face to work similar to a popper or to be slowly swept to be an aggressive surface scad.
Any pointers or links to topics in the forum pages in regards to weighting and foiling would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Barndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:30pm
Can't wait to see the next photos with the first fish it catches
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:32am
Jake, your lure will need some sort of weighting if you use that shape lure. You will need to experiment with keel weights and test in a tub of water until it sits right. As it is now, it will lay on its side. Belly hooks also effect how a lure sits in the water so that will need to be taken into account also. Cheers Ian
Fysshe
Limber-timber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limber-timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 3:04pm
Thanks Ian,
I did a small displacement test this morning and had 0.158L with what I calculated that would be about 6oz to gain neutral buoyancy in saltwater, which seems like quite a bit of weight.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:44pm
I don't think you'll need to get neutral buoyancy to get the lure to work, just enough belly weight to get the action right with positive buoyancy.
Fysshe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic