Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dulux Dura max

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dulux Dura max
    Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm
Hi Guys, a mate of mine came around this afternoon to show me this 2 pack clear in a can, Dulux Dura Max he does bike rebuilds and some one recommended it to him for resprays on bikes. I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it on lures. From what I have read on the internet it might be ok for small batches of lures.

Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 7:11pm
havent heard of it but sounds interesting
that's no how ye make porridge!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm
Warren
Make sure you wrap yourself up-- Their online web site makes it sound like the do all of everything, even the greens would approve.
Like most spray lacquers it has it's problems.
Check this Material Safety Data Sheet  before you get too deep into it :
https://www.dulux.com.au/products/31T.

Finish looks good here -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yal4OwQyEno
Thanks for posting--Pete

'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 12:33pm
i'm trying out a spray now.
big tip....you must use the PROPER respirator. and even eyewear. most these sprays are VERY bad.
I look like i'm at a hazmat site, gloves and everything, but technically, you are.
i'd rather be safe than sorry. I just recently became informed on just how bad brake cleaner is. truly scary, especially when you have used it carelessly your whole life.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 6:55pm
two pacs are especially nasty you can absorb it through your eyes among other things (something i never knew until recently) make sure you use the right cartridge filters in your masks too.when i was doing murals on cars in a panel shop in the 80's the owner was rushed to hospital with breathing problems and it was discovered his lungs were bleeding as a result of spraying two-pacs without a mask.
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic