LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sharing Minnow & Suspended Bait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharing Minnow & Suspended Bait
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:54pm
Hi

Good Evening  !!Smile

Sharing one Minnow & two suspended bait finished after a long time.

-  Minnow – 105 mm, wt. 24 gm, deep diver

- Suspended baits – 69 mm, wt.25 gm, fast falling

Seems all of them work fine except the finished as usually . I always have issues with the painting and clear coat which sometimes quiet frustrating Angry. But I still remember Martin comment on one post –looks does not matters, if it catches fish Thumbs Upwhich proved correct today morning.

On my very first cast of minnow, when I started retrieving  it  one big barracuda just missed my lure. That gave me satisfaction that they will catch fish even though they are not attractive cosmetically.

Here are some of the pictures of my baits & link to test video I did it today morning.

Regards, Raghubir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7DpBrfU08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yTUc9tFqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7zACPQhSo

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
They look great to me Raghubir - very good finish.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:52pm
Very nice job again Raghubir
You make some very nice Lures
Have you caught any Fish on them yet

Knaek&Break
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:43am
Thanks Martin and Per for your kind motivation.

You must have gone through the same phase , spending lot of time carving wood blank, weighting , testing, painting and final coating of lure. When you get trouble with paint and top coating frustration comes in. All your efforts goes into drain, but all these part of learning and one has to take this pinch of salt. 😊

Yes per I did caught a big barracuda but that was long time before. Today morning I was unlucky to miss another barracuda that too on very first cast. Last year I could not go for fishing as I was focusing more on my job (difficult scenario now in Middle East) though was holding fishing permit for one year which expired this March. Applied another for 2018 hope to get it soon.

Any way Martin planning to visit Australia in June /July to attend my nice wedding at New Castle. This will depend on outcome on my tourist visa which I have applied recently.

Regards, Raghubir

Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:57am
I think you’ve got a good finish on them Raghubir. Bring them to Australia. I promise you’ll catch some fish on them here.

Dan
Dan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:06pm
Good morning !!

Daniel thanks for the encouragement, yes thinking of bring my lures along with my travel rod to Australia if my visa is through. Understand that as a tourist I can get a fishing permit for a week or a month. My niece house is near to a lake in new castle. Would also love to meet some of the lure making buddies who are staying in an around new castle to learn the art of lure making. Australia is an ocean as far fishing sport is concerned 👍

Regards, Raghubir
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm
There is some great fishing in the Newcastle area. Definitely bring a few lures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm
Hi Per

Today morning i caught a nice size Flathead on my home made lure . 

Here are some of the pictures:

Regards, Raghubir
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:07pm
That is great Raghubir
Nothing better than catching fish on your own creations

Knaek & Break
        Per   
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 8:09pm
Well done Raghubir, some of us has been saying that your lures will catch Aussie fish, now you have proven it for yourself
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Good Evening Martin

Thanks for your views , it all depends on aust fishes if they love for Arabic lures

Regards, Raghubir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:23pm
Thanks per for your views.

Your last views on this post was absolutely correct and was hammering me in the head . Cosmetic appearance of lures should go in hand with the ultimate result of catching fish.

This is the second fish I caught on my lures, so far I never tried with the intention of catching fish. I always test them in sea for few hours on their action.

Regards, Raghubir
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic