LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone ID these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickFlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone ID these?
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:34pm
Hi all, been a while.

Found those out in the shed a while back. They seem to be injection moulded (not sure about the black/white ones) and have metal bibs with "Japan" stamped on them, metal screws on hook clamps. They remind me of the old ABU Hi-Lo? or Shakespeare Deeper Dan with shallower bib. Any ideas? 

Cheers
Mick

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:10pm

Quite a few Heddon Runt copies came out of Japan in the 70's, could be any of them. Daiwa made a lot.

Fysshe
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

Quite a few Heddon Runt copies came out of Japan in the 70's, could be any of them. Daiwa made a lot.

YEAH and not one off them swam straight. But that did not bother the Pikes when i was younfg and pour

Knaek & Break
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:16am
Usually a bit of tuning got them on the right track! US companies such as Herters had these models made in Japan for them.
Fysshe
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:43am
When i was 15 years old. the only tuning i did now was : how to get my Yamaha FS-1 to go 125km/h
But some off the best Lures, was the ones that did have an odd action, fore the big Pikes we caught in the WWR-2 More back in the 70´ties. Biggest one about +15kg. was so scarred by all the fight, when breeding, we thought it was ill So we released it again
At that time ABU hat thier HI-LO lures at the market. But all thier gear was were VERY expensive at that time (prices with todayes production is actually more sheep.
I still have the the cardinal 77x Reel i bought fore my confirmation Money in 1977. Cost nearly a weeks pay, and still works today, even i have retired it to the cabinet
Sorry got a bit sentimental on this one

Have a grat day
       Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
MickFlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickFlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Hi all, thanks a lot for the responses, much appreciated.

Cheers
Mick
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:17pm
William Southem was another who copied the River Runt, obviously the copyright laws were slacker back then.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic