LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fished the Darling River recently (Louth-Tilpa)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fished the Darling River recently (Louth-Tilpa)?
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:18pm
Hey guys,

I'm heading out to some properties between Louth and Tilpa in the first week of June and I'm not sure how much fishing gear I should pack. Space is limited because hunting gear, fuel, food and beverage and all the other stuff.

I will have access to a kayak while I'm there but I have noticed the river is pretty low (Louth: 1.3 m, Tilpa: 0.35 m). Is it worth spending the time on the river at the moment looking for natives? or should I spend more of my time searching for pigs and the dogs they want us to cull?

This will be my first chance at a crack at goldens and goodoo, so I hope you have good news for me guys.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Ces.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:13pm
Ces, you will find natives in waters as deep as that, would not hurt to pack a bit of gear for the fishies.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:36pm
Hi Ces
I have never fished that area but I do know a few that have especially when they let the natural flow of water through. This rarely happens now days with the exception of extreme flooding in QLD.
As long as there are water holes along the river no matter how shallow there is likely to be fish in them a lot of which will probably be European Carp, as the water holes dry up you will see them floundering in the last dredges of mud and water.
When the water is low because of its isolation it has been known for persons to walk across the river and drag a gill net along the water holes. Not real sporting but probably better than them dying in the mud.
If you have friends in the area they would be aware of its condition and how long it has been that way.
Take the rifle as the pigs are still gunna be there for sure.I past along the Barrier Highway about 2 years ago and there were large pigs in several locations dead on the side of the road victims of road kill, it was pretty dry and they were a fair way of the river so there must have been a few in the area, also goats not usually found through there but they were.
Enjoy Kimo   
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:40pm
Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice.

The boys have made the choice and we're staying in the sheds at a property on the river rather than another set up that's about an hour away in the sand hills, so the fishing gear will definitely have space reserved in the car.

Hopefully we can rustle up a couple of natives or perhaps some mud marlin.

Cheers guys,

Ces.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic