LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chilton Tackle Co.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chilton Tackle Co.
    Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:18pm
Back in 2017, as a maiden exhibitor, Blair from Chilton Tackle Co made a big first impression by taking out the award for the Best Swim Bait at the Lure Expo. Then last weekend at this years Expo Blair repeated the feat by being announced as the very worthy winner in the Best Swim Bait category for the second year in a row.

I was delighted to bag a couple of his baits for my collection and will look forward to the exciting prospect of securing a good many more in future years.

Blair, the presentation and attention to detail on your lures is simply brilliant and I offer my congratulations on your achievements to date.

Col

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:03am
i remember back in 2012 seeing some of Blairs lures in particular a lure that looked like a Marlin and thinking this bloke is one to watch.here we are in 2018 and his talent is truly blossoming ,these lures are sensational ,love that Barra!ClapClapClap
that's no how ye make porridge!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:08pm
CHRISTMAS BEETLES

Last week Blair released a small batch of his AnoBug crankbaits. With a body length of just 37mm and weighing in at 4.5g they are designed for targeting Bass in small creeks and pools. So it was a case of "Christmas in July" for me earlier today when the postman delivered a parcel containing my set of these spectacular little Christmas Beetles.

Thank you Santa(Blair),
Col

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 6:06am
I've always been interested to watch the development of lure makers skills as over time they hone their craft and talents. Last week I was fortunate enough to add one of Blair's more recent baits to my collection and was simply blown away to see the changes and advancements of his techniques in such a short space of time.

Not that I haven't been impressed with the quality of Blair's previous work but, for me, the finish on this latest lure takes it to a whole new level and it was love at first sight.

Regards,
Col

HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:22am
WOW, amazing work! Clap
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 6:03pm
Very very nice
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:39am
Work of art.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:02pm
jeez even his signature is nice!Clap
that's no how ye make porridge!
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:34pm
Nice pick up! I was tempted to throw a bid on but out of my price range for something I would use LOL
Lucinda Collector!
All ways on the hunt for more.
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:18am
After an extended break last year Blair recently recommenced production with the released of a small batch of "Mini Feeds". These 75mm surface paddlers were painted using nine spectacular patterns and I was delighted to secure a few for my collection as shown below.

HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 1:53pm
Wow, amazing work! Clap
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 6:24pm
MINI "NEVILLE"
This is one of a small batch of mini swimbaits that Blair recently completed. Each lure was hand carved from Jelutong timber and has a body length of 60mm. The third photo, which is one of Blair's that he posted on social media, illustrates the five spectacular semi-nude paint schemes that he used for this first batch.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 2:29pm
That blue one on the left totally looks like the herring we use as live bait here in Cooktown.
Martin-

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 3:33am
Some additional photos of Blair's brilliant little swim baits. These are nothing short of spectacular!
Once again I would like to acknowledge that the second photo has been sourced from Blair's social media posts.

Rivoli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 8:35am
A ridiculous amount of hours in those, outstanding skills across the board.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 3:01pm
They are so cool. The action is unreal.
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic