LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soft plastic mould makers in Aus?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft plastic mould makers in Aus?
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:31am
Hi all,

Anyone have any leads on any Australian people/companies that have experience in producing aluminium soft plastic lure moulds for hand injection?  I've spoken to a few injection moulding places but they work in high psi injection and more rigid materials, and regular CNC machinists don't have the experience in mould design...

Cheers,
Nick.
edgecrusher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgecrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 7:09pm
Joe Warmisham from Warisham Lures was advertising mould cutting a few years ago, no idea if he still does it. Apart from that there’s no one I’m aware of, most are in the US, UK, Russia, Ukraine, or Israel
ndiggles View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:22pm
Thankyou edgecrusher, I appreciate you taking the time to comment - I wasn't aware of Warmisham Lures, I will check them out...yes it seems that most of the time us Aussies can get cheap moulds from overseas so there has been little demand for custom (and probably more expensive) services here.
Cheers!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 6:48pm
Not sure but I thin it was on this site a few months back someone was advising of some ubute work in this field they had done in china at a very reasonable rate.
Might be worth a google search
My son had a level winde for a long line turned up in stainless steel, on bearings ready to go for I think nealy $2000.00 less than Australia.
Sure some one was posting here about overseas moulds they had just had made
Kimo
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 4:33am
Bit late to the party mate drop me a PM and I will get you fixed up
ndiggles View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 1:54pm
Thankyou Kimo and Doc :)

Kimo yes it's certainly cheaper overseas though as I have a proprietary design I am looking at local options first.

Doc I can't seem to be able to access private messaging...? My email is ndiggles@hotmail.com, would be interested to know how you can help!

Cheers,
Nick.
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 3:12am
Hey mates just popped in been gone a while so I'm out of the loop some . Health has not been tip top . I saw this post and thought I might have another option for ya . There is a mold maker in Israel His name is Vitaly Osti . He can be found most easily on Face Book . He does custom molds for far less than U.S. makers. I have 5 from him and his customer service is very good. Hope this helps because I know you blokes are kept at a disadvantage . STILL you make top of the line products .
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 3:36am
Oh shit I forget . The mold maker is Print-A-Lure

You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
ndiggles View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:45am
Thankyou toadfrog for your reply and I appreciate the lead Smile  I'm currently exploring my options with Doc he's the man to talk to in this country it seems, we'll see how we go!

Cheers
jgarner447 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgarner447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 12:36am
Hey Doc how can I get in contact with you?
Lure_Labs View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure_Labs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:33pm
Hey mate,

Bit of a long shot but I’m looking to get some aluminium moulds made, would you be interested in helping me out with this?

Cheers,
Pete.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic