LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nudes show at my shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nudes show at my shop
    Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 4:29pm
A customer landed in my shop with a small bag of nude Polyurethane moulded lures that he had received of a friend of a friend so I swapped him for some painted one,s , of mine
Any ideas who these might have been making them
The gate into the body is rectangular 2mm wide and 9mm long so I don't think they were moulded by Allan
The body is 72mm LONG 24.75mm at it's widest,
18.3 at it's thickest spot right behind the front treble the bib is 32mm wide 41mm from the nose of the body and 1.6mm thick with an blunt ogave shape
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 1:28pm
I Painted some up I have no idea who made the bodies
Am keen to find out

sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:27pm
Hi

Paul

Let me you upfront you put LIFE in the lure who so ever made them .
Cheers , Raghubir
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:01pm
well put Raghubir,i agree.Nice job Doc
that's no how ye make porridge!
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:58pm
Look awesome now they have some colour on them..
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:38pm
Nice paint work. Now they have some paint it might trigger a name in somebody’s mind.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 8:07pm
Lovely work
Keen to see if the maker can now be identified
Cheers,

Troy
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 12:30am
Thank's everyone
The bodies are over 3 years old, the adhesive paper has hardened and is stuck onto the polycarbonate I had this happen to me a few years back with some old PC I found degreaser removes it without smoking up the bib

I kept 5 aside just in case someone comes up with an original color scheme, just hope I'm not biting off more than I paint
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
Someone had better ID these things befor I paint them all haha (you can not use the forums emojis after you upload a picture)💅
I have been playing with some UV reactive paints green in particular
Just in my spray booth with a shadowless LED light

With a small UV torch and my LED light
Direct sunlight overcast the clear is so dam shiney the reflections show up.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Great paint - very nice. We like nice shiny thingsLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm
It's not all me Martin I am using a new clear, this stuff self levels like it's magnetic dose not thin on hard edges. Hardens in 30 min pot life of 2 hours if put in a fridge at 10 deg C 8 hours, no rotating either during curing
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:14pm
if you ever want to sell any, let me know. they look like a cod/yellowbelly killer for sure.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:18pm
I reckon you are spot on with the species Mick. Wish I could ID the original maker I Painted 20 and sent them to a friend to unload I only kept 5 to paint in their original colors if and when there identified. I will put your name on one if you want.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:08am
hi paul, did you find out who made these....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:27pm
No mick I have been asking around I showed it around the lure expo, all to no avail it's turning into a real who done it...
The thing is some one went to a lot of trouble to make 4 plus moulds judging by mould wittness marks
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:50pm
If your still interested Mick, in one of the those lures pick your colour from above pictures you like and I will paint one up for you PM me your details and selection, the way its going I may never find out the original maker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic