LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Classifieds > Lures for Sale/Trade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FT Lure Auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FT Lure Auction
    Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 12:52pm
Hi All,

For better or worse I am auctioning off 1 of only 2 FT lures that were / will be made in the size stated below.

For reference purposes the only other existing lure in this size / style is in contessa gold base with red eyes and grey stripes, which I am using. And the reason there was only ever two made are I was advised ( Read wife intervention ) to narrow down size model range, and have gone to a smaller and a larger version as I am changing the technique used to make lures which is somewhat costly - Sorry to drag that out.

The lure depicted below has a body length of 95mm and overall inclusive of Bib length of 130mm.

The construction is not timber ( As that is outside my skill set
), construction is a combination of ABS & Polyurethane - the construction process/ material is being changed to simplify the process.
Eyelets are 26mm glued in with 24hr araldite, as have both the Bib and 20mm fastening screw. Spray can / hand painted acrylics / clear coat. Oh and hooks are Mustad Ultra Point Size 1.

Ok I think that pretty much covers it, other then the embarrassing artwork.

Auction starting price includes postage ( only posting within Australia ), and is set at $40.00 - It either sells or doesn't depending on buyers perspective.
Auction ends at 14:00 ( 2pm ) 27-12-18.

PS : Can include a certificate of authenticity if required.

Shall respond to any questions as soon as I can.

Cheers
Steve
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 5:51pm
Ill get you started. I think you have a unique idea and design that in time will be seen as "visionary"

My bid - $75

Cheers TB
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 7:50pm
That is an extraordinary design, I would like it to fish it but too big for my skinny ass budget.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:18pm
Thanks for the interest TB,

And Martin I totally understand where you're coming from. There are some significant plans underway for this concept, which is why I tied my hands in the description of and statement that there are only two of this size in existence, so as to provide 100% honest protection for anyone whom may see value in it as a possible worthwhile addition for collectors down the track.

On my budget, I also would be hesitant to invest any significant amount in something that I would be putting at risk by using it - the only exception to that being surface lures as I figure the most likely chance I am going to lose one of them will be through poorly tied knots, line condition or pure casting stupidity.

Not the 1st time I have gone swimming in the local river to retrieve a valuable surface lure when attached to a fish ( Or climbed a tree ) not the brightest idea either but have survived all misadventures thus far

Cheers
steve
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 1:13pm
Yes I have swum rivers ( not up here in FNQ though) and climbed trees for lures. Most I have paid was $75 for a Murray cod surface lure, less of a chance on getting them snagged . But using surface lures up here and you have big angry things living on reefs or around croc infested rivers and big barra love the best spot in a snag. .                                                            I take it that you are going to market your final product? Because you should be on a real winner there.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 1:53pm

That's correct Martin,

There are quite a few changes underway, have some fully home moulded versions that am testing, and tested another variation this morning that cast / swam / dove they way I was hoping. There are some plans underway in the new year so am crossing my fingers.

Cheers
Steve
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 4:09pm
Congrats TB,

Looks like its all yours, now you have both stage 1 original set and this one.

Cheers
Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 4:41pm
Wonderful!

I think if a lot of these forum users here actual saw what you were producing they would be all over them. 

Thanks heaps, I'm a lucky man.

Cheers TB
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:02pm
Thanks TB

I guess its like anything new, until anglers see write ups in fishing magazines, or images online of something new hanging out of a fishes mouth, a lot of people are hesitant - Guilty of that myself.

I remember when spinnerbaits 1st started to arrive on the scene and I looked at them and thought what the hell are you guys thinking, well there`s not many tackleboxes around these days that don't have a few of them stored away somewhere.

Grub Saver, Bait sock & Cheese bardi maker were all new concepts once and succeeded, so I shall persist with the FT lures.

You didnt label me the " Idea`s Man " for nothing

Thanks Again for your support.

Steve
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:37pm
Bit like Martin.
I don't really collect anything for the sake of collecting. I'd have liked to fish this but Tony's bid put an early end to that idea.
Look forward to grabbing a couple in production sizes when generally available.
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 6:08am
Hey Steve

Are you the FT lures that makes Spinnner baits?
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 11:23am
Nope sorry,

Very close to having fishable priced batches available, as in within the next two weeks as limited time available and very time consuming.

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 10:32pm
Cant wait :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic