LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > C Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-lure refurb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-lure refurb
    Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:35pm
I’ve been given a handful of Dominic Fry C-lures by a friend of mine to refurbish. After an absence of fishing and since retiring, he’s getting back into fishing.
They have always been a favourite Barra lure of his and in particular he’s favourite jack lure.
Just wondering what timber was used to make these lures during the Dominic Fry era.
Dan
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 8:30am
Could it be Brown Beech?? Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:04am
Possibly Richard, certainly not Northern Sassafras which I changed to after White Beech became a listed timber.

Could never understand why such a shape change just because of a lexan bib.

Gristy
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:26am
Have to agree Carl, the sawn off nose doesn't add to its features. Cheers Richard.
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 3:28pm
They are 2 really nice looking lures there Carl. I haven’t come accross any of your originals yet but it’s good to know about the sassafras.
Here’s another stickered lure that was amongst them. Aluminium bib but so might be from someone else.
Dan
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 8:29pm
Thanks Danny Smile.

Looks like a Bruce Rampton (school teacher) and looks like Sassafras timber, it was also called
Black Pepperwood ? from memory.

All C Lures had alloy bibs up until Bruce made the change to Lexan using the same oval bib profile, this would have been approx 96-97 ? I believe that info is in LL somewhere cause I remember reading it a few yrs ago.

Gristy
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
Thanks. Yeah I suspected it was a little older. I have seen the post your referring to with regards to “the makers”
Dan
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 6:06pm
Well I finally got around to finishing them. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. The mate I did them for didn’t want all the teeth marks filled from countless jacks but I wish I had filled them now. The fish won’t care but lol.
Dan
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:22pm
+
Very nice refurb Danny. Well done! Cheers Richard.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:22pm
They still came up real nice despite the "love bites" (your mate must love those bitesBig smile).

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:59am
they do look good.all ready to go out and do battle
that's no how ye make porridge!
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:38am
Thanks fellas. Yeah he’s pretty keen to get his hands on them.
Dan
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:55am
Nicely finished.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic