LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ollies Stingrays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saratoga & Hoppers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saratoga & Hoppers
    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:55am
It was good to catch up with Ollie on the weekend at the Beenleigh Expo and to add a couple more of his exquisite handcrafted masterpieces to my collection. Due to other work restraints Ollie had only managed to complete a small batch of lures for the Expo and these were quickly snapped up by eager collectors. I was lucky to get in early and secure one of his new Saratoga(200mm) swim baits plus a couple of his Hoppers(70mm). All are painstakingly handcrafted from timber and weighted to ensure that they swim perfectly, not that there's much chance that mine will ever see water. A closer inspection of the quality and detail in the finish makes you appreciate just how time consuming these works of art must be.

Enjoy,
Col

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:19pm
those hoppers looked even better in the flesh loved the togas too.Ollie is the master!Clap
that's no how ye make porridge!
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 4:49pm
Awesome work!
I added a Froliz to my collection. Really wanted too add a Hopper and the toga but I think I would be on the streets if I came home with all 3!

Unsure why they have gone 90deg!

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 5:52pm
Well done wickky, that Froliz is very special and thank you for sharing it.

Regards,
Col

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:45pm
Thanks Col and Wicky, always great to see Ollie's amazing creations Clap
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 4:45pm
Well I'm a happy lady.
I was putting away a big codseeker lure that I bought yesterday and I finally found out what happened to my Saratoga lure in a timber box. It's been misplaced since I did histories on makers when covid first hit. A big relief to finally find it. I knew it was there somewhere. Is that a case of too many lures.
DebbieD
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:13pm
really deb , too many lures!!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't think so , do you LOLLOL . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 7:06pm
We were only talking about this a couple of weeks ago I need to find my lost lure
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 8:02pm
A big relief.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 8:29am
Ollie is a thrue artist in everyting he makes. Lures, art etc ClapClapClap
I have admired hes work from the first day I saw it on Lure Lovers
Thanks fore sharing Thumbs Up

Knaek & break 
           Per
ps. Deb 
Yoy can never get enough Lures Ermm
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic