LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Krewfische

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:35pm

youve been very busy Mr Vocabulary!
lures look great!
just heading off to find the dictionary, its been a few moons since ive had to use it to get through one of your updates,  I thought the Vikings may of kidnapped you!
See you in a month.
Nicho
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

lures look great!
just heading off to find the dictionary, its been a few moons since ive had to use it to get through one of your updates,  I thought the Vikings may of kidnapped you!
See you in a month.
Nicho
whipit
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

lures look great!
See you in a month.
Nicho

Yeah I need the dictionary too. I have trouble just spelling
whipit
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:57pm

Well, I will take that as panegyric. To those pulling out a dictionary, cannot laud you enough, seriously. Language, and communication has fallen over the years. Granted I do use some anachronistic, and sesquipedalian words, they are more contemporary than one would believe. Consider that the average newspaper is written at a middle schools reading level, and that new York times, and other haughty media/news sources only reach grade 11. Gives you an idea how far we have fallen in communication.

No matter how many times I have said this “my respect and praise goes out to the individuals who educate themselves, and thirst for knowledge” Any person who takes the time out to look up a word however common is actively bettering themselves, with this action can inspire others around them to equally do the same. Anyone left behind, still nonplussed/confused speak up! I will personally make it my life goal to explain it, your effort to learn, and meliorate/improve yourself is a dying aspect of our species/culture…one that cannot be stressed enough!

No humiliation attributed in doing so, I know what it is like to be a neophyte. Sucks crawling from the bottom afraid to ask a question only to be scoffed off at its trivialness.

I implore critical thinking. NO INDIVIDUAL WHO RESPECTFULLY ASKS SHOULD BE TURNED AWAY. Honestly, I work my arse off to ameliorate myself in ALL areas. Yes, I have to look up words in the newspaper as well. Speaking personally, any individual who does the same is AWESOME.

A college degree outside of engineering, Attorney, MD, et cetera is what college is for, along with those furthering a profound mastery of their subject. A degree is not to pay for ideations/ideologies. Most jobs outside the fields outlined can be taught with on the job training. Unfortunately our times are warped, one can make money on certifications worth diddly squat predating on those. Showing nothing other than time/money paid for one’s due, NOT what they have gleaned is insulting.

I could go on a rant, desperately avoiding it. This is my altruistic act, small, insignificant possibly? Something meaningful to me that can benefit anyone around in some form or fashion within my power to be granted because I experience the same struggle. All that I glean gets passed on with little cost aside from curiosity. The proverb “Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime." Rings true no matter how I analyze it, so there you go teaching to fish instead of. Thank you for the praise, I laud you for the effort, and true emotions behind it.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
Well said..I had to read it 10 times Smile but...well said! 
Reminded me of a funeral i went to a few weeks ago, old Dick that lived around the corner from me, died on his 92nd birthday. (whats the odds born and died on the same day yet 92 years later)

His son read a great eulogy, and in it he said that when old Dick retired he spent the next 30 years wearing out  a dictionary which made buying him a gift easy,  as he literally read them back to front and wore them out, so was always up for a new one.
Now old Dick was right up till the day he passed, as bright as a button, he was full off fun and always  quick with a witty remark.
His son put  Dicks great outlook on life  down to knowledge, to the fact that everyday Dick searched for something new to learn and found joy in doing so.
I look forward to retiring and finding the time someday to do similiar.

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:04pm

Nicho- This hit home in so many ineffable ways. My uncle Bob, avuncular unfortunately, taught me numerous life lessons. This bugger shaped me into the individual I am by his presence alone. A true boon to be around, and a great fisherman most of all. This bastard was an inspiration to be persistent and unnatural. Couldn’t describe his perspicacity, he was well rounded, most of all bested me in common sense. Each complex problem always appeared easy to him, he conveyed it to you in the most personal way any child could comprehend. Live each day hoping to achieve his grandeur, perhaps nostalgia? Doubtful in my humble opinion .Without rebuke Bob W. Bishop is something to reach for on my time on this earth. Bet there are many akin to him cropping up in our dear reader’s minds!

The SOLE reason I stand as a pean of this and other crafts is due to him. That silly bastard had a mysterious way about him, conniving you to achieve the best through clever taunting. My lures were basic, lacking any soul whatsoever….could have rested there an been happy, but that tinge of his words made me keep going. “Not bad, when are you going to add detail to them?” A friendly barb placed with surgeon accuracy of spoke in person of which I will never forget. I can be difficult to reach believe it or not, he knew me best of all. One word off with the wrong emotion, and poof! A single syllable and cadence that would p!ss me off. This ruddy guy played me, can’t explain it at this moment, just humble he did.

Reading that response made me beam, and remember.  Bet Dick touched many lives, so not a wasted in his pursuit and desire to expound. If it not too much trouble could I, or we hear more??? Anyone willing to share I appreciate, one listener present.

Just to add, almost threw this avocation away if it wasn’t for one buggers cheeky words. Met some decent blokes, obtained some friendships to keep me going from a few silly words. Strange how the world works???

Not to divagate his thread, just wish to hear a few inspiring stories like Dick, and Bob? 

Keep this at me workbench always

rexysa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexysa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:11pm
Amazing craftsmanship. Trout and redfin would love them. One of my favourite go to lures is a crawldad lure in a brown colour. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic