LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flattie Reports SEQ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flattie Reports SEQ
    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:18pm
Since I'm fishing almost every weekend now thought I would do up a thread for every time I go out.
Areas that are targeted are the Hornibrook bridge, Jacobs well/ cabbage tree, Donnybrook/toorbul. And I have just entered the Flattie classic so going to start fishing the broad water to find some spots!

I've mainly used soft plastics and some surface hard bodies. Not many Aussie timbers unfortunately but picked up a few from Paul Kneller at the expo so will give those a crack over the flats.

Here are some recent pics.
Hopefully get to update next weekend with a proper report

Also if anyone on here makes surface lures or shallow divers for flatties can you please Pm me, I would love to add more timbers to the tackle trays

Cheers Zac
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:23am
Well done, looking forward to more reports.
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:39pm
Great report & pics, looking forward to the next one! Thumbs Up
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Should've come upstairs to Collectors area, I had two Seaweed Flathead lures on Sat., both gone by Sun. red cedar, may make a few more for next Expo.
"Always Merry and Bright"
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Seaweed Seaweed wrote:

Should've come upstairs to Collectors area, I had two Seaweed Flathead lures on Sat., both gone by Sun. red cedar, may make a few more for next Expo.

I was there Saturday! Even did the early access thing. Didn't see your lures tho. Probably too busy throwing cash at Ollie

When you do mate I'll grab them. Need to start getting the flattie tray full
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:05am
Nice fish there mate. Flathead were my learning curve in lure fishing helping me tie bait fishing with using lures
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 9:28pm
Hoping to get out Friday if I get the day off.

This showed up today. Can't wait to try it on the Flats. It's absolutely stunning!

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:03pm
That would go well on the barra. A mate uses one similar in Tinaroo with great success
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic