LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karl and Bryce Bebendorf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karl and Bryce Bebendorf
    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 11:02am
I managed to locate and contact, via Facebook, a relative of Karl Bebendorf to gather some pics of his lures. Karl has sadly passed on and there is more info on this site about him but very little in the way of pics so here is the pic I was sent , a varying range of styles and colours . It might help find a home for some unknowns out there . The lures were branded Catchall .

I also manage to get a pic of some lures made by Karl’s son Bryce, these might also help to identify some unknowns.

micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 11:09am
One of Bryce’s lures I found in my collection.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:16pm
Thanks for that information Mick. Karl lived just up the road from me but I only ever spoke to him once. That was at our clubs 40th anniversary where his father was a founding member, I think his name was Max and used to fish with Vic Mc Cristal. I haven't seen Bryce around for awhile and didn't know that he made lures either...
Fysshe
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:51pm
Love your work Mick !!!
Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:20pm
Thanks for the updated info. Mick, has opened a can of worms for me, two lures I have and ID'd as Biebendorf/Bebendorf, I'm now very unsure as being by him, after the lures you've shown are nothing like the two I have.
Here is a pic of the deep and have a shallow in exactly same colour/scale pattern, looks like back to the drawing board, makes this game always interesting.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 7:47pm
Going to have to dig out my unkowns again. I think I may have a couple.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
I was surprised when the pic of Karl’s lures came through also Tony, I was expecting them to be similar to that one of yours, however a site search turned up a pair that correlate with the lures in the pic . So who made your big scale ????
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Going to have to dig out my unkowns again. I think I may have a couple.
Fair chance I reckon Martin .
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:14pm
I had one a couple of years ago. I have a pic of one that has been identified as his and a
nother I found recently that I'm restoring.
Fysshe
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:04am
Interestingly, all the lures made by Karl in your first pic Mick, have poly bibs all except one gold bomber copy which has a metal bib. I'm guessing these were early if Karl's.
I've removed my two from the database and put into my 'unknowns' box lol.
"Always Merry and Bright"
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Seaweed Seaweed wrote:

Interestingly, all the lures made by Karl in your first pic Mick, have poly bibs all except one gold bomber copy which has a metal bib. I'm guessing these were early if Karl's.
I've removed my two from the database and put into my 'unknowns' box lol.
There’s a chance that all of the lures may have been made by Karl, and none by Bryce, just waiting to hear back. Have also sent a pic of your big scale to see if they claim it .
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 2:54pm
Hi
I have this one that was identified by some one here some time back as a Bebendorf.
To me would seem to have more likeness to the bottom pictures color,eyes. Perhaps shallow bib, The brown stripes seem to have a bend in them ???
Opinions Please

Cheers Kimo
Brycebebendorf View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brycebebendorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:13pm
Hey guys I may be able to answer some stuff, dad made all them lures even the ones called ‘Bryce’s lures’. He made them with my name when I was a child, Then later the lures were renamed ‘catch all lures’. I may be able to find the old cards that they were pinned to being sold. And I’m pretty certain the other lures there in question were by dads make but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. I was too young to remember the first shapes. But the later one as illiterates above I can name the models if needed for someone 👍hope this helps
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Brycebebendorf Brycebebendorf wrote:

Hey guys I may be able to answer some stuff, dad made all them lures even the ones called ‘Bryce’s lures’. He made them with my name when I was a child, Then later the lures were renamed ‘catch all lures’. I may be able to find the old cards that they were pinned to being sold. And I’m pretty certain the other lures there in question were by dads make but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. I was too young to remember the first shapes. But the later one as illiterates above I can name the models if needed for someone 👍hope this helps
Good on ya Bryce, any info is greatly appreciated.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 3:12pm
Thanks for joining the site Bryce and offering for information. I am now certain that I had some of your father's lures.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Brycebebendorf View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brycebebendorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:55pm
Cheers mate! Yeah no doubt. I used to see a few around when I was younger but it seemed less significant then. It warms me to see such interest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic