Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:17pm
Apologies Ardent
I did not mean.it to come across that way.
I have done all the posting of everything at every stage
So completely understand.
Just these days i barely/rarely/never get enough time to
Play in shed.. so now when  i do get time i generally spend 
The time completing my therapy till im finished.
Then if all is well i post it up..just to let people that care..or not care 
Know im still lurking  in the background. 
Just time poor.
So wasnt meaning to sound condescending.
Apologies.

Martin/tincan/gene/wookie/Chewbacca/whoever you are
I agree..fish it..but im not sure the  person recieving it will.
He should though...very nice action.
I hope i get time to do myself a few one day.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys 
Appreciated

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:59pm
Nicho, no apology needed, but thank you. It was more in the aspect giving a moment of clarity to reflect on my own postings. Couple that with the individuals in this community whom I admire and respect, when they say something I listen and correct course. May not have the experience, abilities, knowledge, or fancy tools, but I pay attention and learn to grow. 

Best way I can place it into words; I read your last message and soliloquized "Bollocks, I am guilty of that, checkmate!" Kind of like that person that says "I'm not upset just disappointed." It weighs heavy on the mind and we consider our actions.

What I take away is presenting more polished segments in the chronology of my lures. No worries Nicho, I consider you a cheeky bugger, not condescending or ill willed.Thumbs Up Hopefully the feeling is mutual? On my end it came from a profound respect after realizing my solecism if that makes sense???
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:29am
Gene ??????
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Gene ??????

You need to go back to the viking lure and re read page 5
Of your escapadesWink
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:00pm
Simmons....not to confuse you with Richard Simmons. So long as you don't shout I'm a pony!" people won't be confused.

My lord Nicho just realized the Tin Ram has a long laundry list of sobriquets....Chewbacca the wookie cookie! My favorite is Martin Soze from the usual suspects.LOL

Nicho-"I hope i get time to do myself a few one day." I feel your pain mate, but making others happy fills the void....till I need to fish.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:14pm
Gene Simmons LOL.

I’ve been called a lot of things over my time as a team manager. And some from my past teams are on site as readers only- stretch, stork, cobber, digger, Neanderthal ( a bloke who couldn’t grow a beard didn’t like mine), honeyShocked Shockedand many that cannot be repeated on a family site. But they all called me mate when they wanted days off LOL
Martin-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:24pm
Martin- I read that as someone who couldn't grow a beard called me "Honey."LOL 
We are cheeky buggers, it is in our blood. That long list of monikers and anecdotes/lore are a sign of deference and good will towards your ever growing charisma. Citing those wacky antics is for posterity, not offen a living legend humbles us with their presence. Scratching my head as to why you kept tumbling over windmills claiming they were giants though? Please do go into detail on why you sat upon a goat (Rocinate) around Spain defiling inanimate objects???

Most of your allegories and legends are enviable along with the cognomens attached, except those deemed unfit for this site...nobody wants those!

Those poor confused buggers reading your tropes, hahaha. I can easily imagine that colorful conversation, love to be a fly on the wall for that harvest of comedy. 

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:19pm
I got called "honey"by people of all persuasions - thankfully those males were only joking (I hope).

I would never sit on goat - Nicho and B.O.B. would be onto me in a flash. The  only reason I attack inanimate objects is because I have a lure stuck on themCry
Martin-

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Mick
If I get one done before we pass  away it will be sent your way.
i still have not received one of these master pieces, so i take it you have passed away???????LOL. if you have, come back from the dead and honour your promise . . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 1:21pm
Hey Nicho,

I haven't been on here in like forever and just noticed this post.

That has got to be the deepest glossiest top coat I have ever seen - Totally Awesome job.

Cheers
Steve
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Mick
If I get one done before we pass  away it will be sent your way.
  i'm four years closer to death nicholson,Dead where is my lureLOL. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 1:21pm
I know where you're coming from Nicho.
I've got very little time to work on lures these days, though trying to get back into it.
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 6:00pm
Hi !! Nicho, they look superb, be it final finish, color scheme to add they work perfect as stated by you.

Lure making and fishing requires lot of patience, which is worth, u demonstrated. Only people with such temperaments succeed.  Fantastic lures, thanks for sharing in the group mate.

All the best !

Regards, Raghubir 
Its takes years of hard work, commitment and passion to give a life to a piece of raw timber !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic