LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Elliots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick elliot Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mick elliot Lures
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 9:30pm
Not sure what home this one belongs to.

located Modern fishing Nov 1985.
This one maybe one for Tony
Regards John. 
 ps Search unsuccessful

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 10:03pm
Nice find John, thank you!

And good guess, I've got a small collection of Elliots lures - although don't think I have the model in the ad CryLOL

It looks like Mr Elliot might have branded his lures with his full name early on?  The later lures are simply known as Elliots Lures.

I believe Mick Elliot first started making lures in QLD prior to moving to Narooma, I won't be surprised at all if he spent some time with luremakers in Far North Queensland as several of his models seem to have that influence.

p.s. Have moved the post into the "Elliots" forum for you Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 10:28pm
Thanks Tony
Nice Yellow.
Barry and Darbs may also know a little bit more about Mr Elliot

Regards john
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 11:02pm
noooooooooo!!!!! I am trying to put together a chart on the MILLIONS of colours Mick did let alone try and build a time line Confused
I know about as much as Tony does..what goes round comes round in here Wired

Darbs
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 5:30am
Thanks Darbs
You do have a couple of those earlier lure books which i had not seen before.

Regards John
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 7:03am
Thanks John for posting up Elliot's article.It is interesting to note the coffin bib and the Mustad hooks in the pic.I may now have a couple of them but did not know the maker.
The Journey is the Reward

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 8:59pm
Hi fellas this is my favorite lure I have had this lure for over 20 years bought 2 of them in Sydney gave one of them away wish I had not done that now, but anyway I just loved this paint job
    GarySmile
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 9:00am
 Gary
Paint job is great. Quite thick towing points as well'

Regards John
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 12:12pm
Yes John great paint the photo does not do it justice the paint job was well ahead for the time very early 80s
 Gary
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:18pm
Hi all,would these be 'Elliots', no sticker and 55mm long,bib tip to tail eyelet.
Cheers Gristy
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:26pm
Gristy

They are Serge lures top little lures Wink
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:31pm
Thanks Bullrout,now i can tag em.Thumbs Up
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 1:01pm
Guys, that early pic of the lures with the coffin lid bib are his early ones called Barra Plus, they were marketed thru Keith Kemp Sports, Darwin in the mid 80's. My brother got his first barra bag in the Adelaide R. on the 5" model. After this he went into making his Darwin Dart range in the late 80's.
Hope this helps? If you ever come across one with the paint missing off the underside of bib, you will find an engraved M.E., these were great barra lures.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
fishermanGeorge View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishermanGeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 8:27pm
Hi Guys,

I was just surfing the net for fishing ideas etc when I stumbled on your site. Made me smile as I read about my mate Mick Elliot. Unfourtunately he gave up the game and got married. Seems he dosent have the time now to make lures.

Anyway I have 2 of he's lures decorating my office wall, "A Dynamic Darwin Dart and a Big Boy" Still in their packets, never used. One day I'll try them out lol.

Just thought I'd make a comment
Bye for now
fishermanGeorge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic