LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > French Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mepp,s lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mepp,s lure
    Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 9:48am
Soft pink rubber ??? Mepps made in France was purchased and used as a dropper [trolled in front of the flat fish, line attached to swivel to reduce line twist }for the large trout that were available late 70,s early 80 Lake Peddar near Hobart Tas.

Has double hook in the stomach and a treble in the tail. Proved very successful for the large trout at the time,I believe it was a one fish lure.
Is about  8 1/2 cm Long.
Regards John

wennecke View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wennecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 5:24am
This is only half a lure. Its name was Mepps Mino and carried a Mepps Aglia TW spinner in front . It was developed for fishing after trout and salmon
/Jens
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:18pm
Thanks Jens for the additional information would you happen to have the actual lure that you could post up on the forum for us all to see.

Regards John
wennecke View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wennecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 5:33am
Great to be helpful Approve

This is the Comet mino.

Those I had in the 1970 ´s had a spinner like this in front of the rubber-fish. It was only named Mepps Mino. As you can see the Aglia TW is actually a Comet with a different decor, a hexagonal body and the possibility to change the hook/rubberbody

/Jens
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:42am
Thanks Jens
The web link was very interesting.
I believe that we must have been able to purchase the rubber fish separately back then.The large trout which were available then basically ruined them after one fight/ catch and you needed to replace the lure .
I am not aware that we had to buy the whole lure back  then.
I think the local store / petrol station sold them seperately.

In addition they also sold large mustard sea master hooks 2 ex strong size 9/0 ten to a box  {photo follows} a most unusual purchase available  at an inland lake miles away from the sea. Needless to say they never sold them and they became available at a reduced price when the fishing at the newly opened lake slowed down.
Various sizes were available down to 5/0 ten to a box
Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 12:09pm
Located Mepps Mino in its complete form as discussed earlier Australian Outdoors Oct 1975

Regards John

goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 9:53pm
Hi Screamer
Yes, you could buy these seperately as a rubber minnow. They were as you say "one use" for certain fish but surprsingly lasted a lot longer. These fish were available at amny places to replace the ones that worn out or got tore to shreds. I have loose minnows and complete with spinner by various French companies apart from Mepps. I will try to post at some point to show you. Also Allcocks used to sell separate fish for some of their lures to add on which could also be traced up and added to Aglias and Comets and Longs.
Goldenfox
Tightest of lines to you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic